Sign in to follow this  
livingthedream

Newbie-Cant get Maps to Work

Been downloading maps from various sites, put them in the User Data/Maps folder by inserting the entire map folder ex: Command and Conquer Generals/user data/maps/Autmn Nights also tried to add map folder to data Command and Conquer Generals/data/Maps/Autmn Nights and cannot get the maps to come up in the game. Any help would be appreciated.

I am a long time Red Alert 2 player just trying out Generals for the first time.

livingthedream

Turn the Key and Smile

Was working in the wrong directory, not in my documents.....

AI in Normal is too easy, AI as hard kills me. If I am USA and I play against a hard AI, they get to me so fast that I am gone. Am I missing something?

Want to get to brutal, but as USA having trouble with hard. If I am China I can handle hard AI.

Suggestions?

livingthedream

Turn the key and smile

Umm hard isn't hard. Brutal isn't hard, you just must not be that great. You need to be prepared for a rush. Also custom maps sometimes give the AI more resources so they will rush stronger.

Either build tons of tanks at the beginning, or tons of defences.

Guest MadBadger

hehe i had to think a bit about this....... then play a game Vs the AI :P been so long i prefer human opponents......... you can insult them and get a response :D

Okay some maps have 'choke points' where tanks ect are forced through a smaller point. (bet you knew that one) Build 2 Pats and a firebase at all of em and have a few crusaders, hummers (with 5 rocket men inside) and a MEDIC (there v important to keep ur tanks alive)

Get up a strike force of hummers like this

5 - 10 hummers each with 3 rocketmen

1 medic per 2 hummers

Go and strike your AI where it hurts the most at his construction

Kill off dozers and command centers first then go for power then wars then barraks then supplys.

Just takes time do the campaigns to get a hold on what the units can do and then you should be ok.

The equipment has either been disabled via EMP pulse, EMP patriot, has been sabateured', has been disabled by Black Lotus, been sniped by Mr.Kell, or have been disabled by your Strategy Center by changing attack plans (Search & Destroy to Bombardment to Hold the line)

Guest MadBadger

You forgot plain old 'Out of power' :lol: , Neutered buya neutron shell :rofl: and Hacked bya Inf Gen Hacker.

Also LTD you gota explain a little more

blue line instead of red/yellow/green

doesn't make alot of sense

If me and Kodiak are correct then the units Changed colour theres no line.

Or your talking about map making again and ill explain when ive had some sleep.

P.S Kodiak i need to re-add you as i lost my old account :cry: and have restarted as 'MadBadger' so if you see me add me. Also if you can still view my records via communicator do a screen shot and post it /PM /E-mail it so i can send it to GameSpy and maybe get the account back.

Have you clicked the tab on the Skirmish screen called 'unofficial maps' - they should be there.

Madbadger, you really are irrelevant 97% of the time.

I don't really care for the madbadger and his wins, if he plays that much he clearly needs a life.

Guest MadBadger

:roll: and if you need to say that you need a life Lee theres more to life than putting me down at every turn.

I know, like healthy contributions to discussion without boasting, something I'm quite proficient at doing that. Putting you donw comes as a bonus.

Did you get the maps working>?

the blue/red/green/yellow lines refer to the health bar. If its blue, then everything above applies. Red means get it healed, yellow is watch it, and green there is something wrong because you're not attacking them :wink: