Sign in to follow this  
englishpremier

How to beat hard army in skirmish mode?

Hi, I'm new to Zero Hour, though i played generals online loads when it first came out.

In skirmish mode on generals i can beat brutal army on all maps and with either side. On zero hour though I am getting my ass whooped in like 10-12mins by hard army no matter which side i am.

In most games I am earning as much or close to the AI but they building like 160+ units compared to half that. They seem to come so quick before i'm settled and they build amazingly fast.

Do any of you guys have any tactics you use to specifically beat the AI in skirmish mode?

:roll: :roll: :? :?

what did you learn in General??

2 words for you, BE CREATIVE

I suggest u turn down the speed so u have better reaction time. i played on a fast computer at speed 60 and couldn't win against a medium army (not that i lost either).

You absolutely need to turn money onto either $10g or $20g, not $50g or $5g. You'll either get owned by their exceptionally fast growth and attack or you'll be down on defences.

Try to rush them. Don't let them set up defences. I personally like to use AF General for a perfect rush with a combat chinook. I play against USA normal or superweapon, GLA Anything and never China. If they manage one gattling cannon ur game is immediately harder.

you're kidding me MOAB...

i played at high speed & cash at 50g.

also versus 2 random enemy in small maps...

Guest MadBadger

:lol:

n00bs.... :lol:

:rofl:

Maaaan you guys must get ripped up by RA/RA2/TS AIs :lol:

Gen has a ****e AI!!!

:rofl:

Brutal only just equals RAs easy :P

I can own 5 RA Hard CPU....... even then its touch and go ;)

Gen CPU is so damn ghey!

Get the cash flow and you've won!

Just go to supply/oils and cap them..... CPU only goes for them when theve used all the supplys near them.

Get the supplys and you've won..... easy as!

am I stupit or what. With RA/RA2/TS it is the same. Cut of the cash flow and it is over. :crazyguy:

...or turn off the power at the CPU :lol: :lol:

i begin to wonder...is human player is not that tough??

Guest MadBadger

Depends.... roughly 1 out of every 10 players on Quickmatch will have tricks i haven't seen and will seriously give me a run for my money...... or ill deliberatly handycap myself :P

sell command center build a few baracks/supplys n a war...... then 'lose' my dozers when they go into my enemys base by mystake :D

Love winning from such a dissadvatage!

Yesterday i was USA and serriously owning a tank gen with JUST rangers and MDs :lol: he was so pissed off.

I had 4 Baracks 2 power and 1 supply! no dozers. I owned him! his gats could only kill 2-3 MDs before they blew.... the chinnoks with MDs landing by his power plants helped ;)

On larger games like FFAs you can get in alot of sh*t if its 1v2 not nice but its very exlierating ;)

sorted it now. a tank general rush beats it every time.

pretty crap really.

Now my big problem is online.

I'm usually alright against guys with around 20 wins on custom match 1v1 or 2v2 but on quick match i get my ass owned. lost 6 in 6 yesterday.

I've noticed on 2v2 my team mate is usually pretty crap and/or disconnects etc.. leaving me to fight 2 armies alone.

no problems over here with hard army's. When you compare a hard army to an average human player the AI is way to easy. It is predictable as hell.

Online is quite an issue when playing 2vs2. Loads work together so 3 friends against 1 (1 doesn't do much)

I think its quite challenging to figth 2 opponents 8)

Guest MadBadger

Whats your name online?

I swear i beat someone called englishpremier or similar.....

Online Quick Matches are ALL about speed..... trust me it will take about 100 losses before you pick it up ;)

To be perfectly honist i am easily the best ZH player on NZ :P

The real downside about Dozers/workers is that its so easy to just go and start building baracks/wars right outside your enemys base.

Use inf and Final Crusade map (uncheck all other maps)

When the game starts Drive your first dozer (DA) over the bridge and start making another dozer (DB). When your first dozer makes it to the other side start making a baracks, use the dozer that came out the command center to make a power plant.

When DB has finished the power (norm will finish before the DA baracks) start building a supply center about 1 supply center away from a supply pile (can be closer if you want but be quick) I can't stress how important remembering to build this supply center is.

When DA has finished its baracks your enemy may be building a defence/baracks near to yours to counter it. Up grade your mini gun inf and if theres a baracks make 2 mini gun inf and 1 rocket man. If theres a dozer making a defence structure (pat/gatt/FB) make 2 rocket men and a mini gun inf. Get DA to make another baracks next to the first one.

When DBs supply center is finsished make a supply truck.

Go back to your baracks (make sure no one sneaked up on you) que up 2 mini gun inf and 4 rocket men.

ALWAYS do that combination 2 minis n 4 rocks only add more when tere all finished.

Now with 2 baracks making inf start pushing forward.

Make a bunker near any wars being made and load some rock men inside or just make 1 near the enemy CC. (use DB and make a baracks near your power plant)

Take a few mini gun inf to check the back of the base and kill any supply gatherers. Once all thats dead you should have won.

If you havent won you will like the DBs baracks. Make 2 mini and 4 rock.

Use DA to make a supply center next to the enemys supply pile.

Use DB to make a war.

You should have about 5-10 minis and 15-20 roccket men with DA.

Make 5 minis at one of your 2 forward baracks and send a mini gun inf from your current army to each corner of the map. Now this will be hard to keep track of as you have no radar (but the extra $1000 at the beginig helps alot)

Send all your troopers to where ever the enemy base is and try to strike Power plants or dozers.

When the Wars finished make a few outposts load them up with an extra rock and mini (if you got loads of cash make 3 outposts and 1 assult transport. take the minis from the transport and put 2 in each out post leaving 2 in the transport. Leave the transpot near a supply pile as most enemys go for a hero to try and tip the ballance and a trasport with 2 minis in is fine to see a hero off.

Just keep sending inf and outposts at the enemy and as you have more cash (at least 3 supply plus most of the oils) you should win. Just make extra wars and keep sending troops. even if each attack is just nailing 1 structure as long as you don't lose any buildings your winning.

during this start making inferno cannons...... upp them with your gen points.

Go seek and destroy ;) they won't be able to stop your infernos as they shouldnt have any room for an air ;)

game set and match :D

thanks madbadger for the very detailed strat :D

but its better if i can learn from you by playing on line...

hope i can play with you soon...

thanks madbadger for the very detailed strat :D

but its better if i can learn from you by playing on line...

hope i can play with you soon...

i'm up for an online game at some point - I'll probably get ripped but it'll be interesting.

I suggest turtle-style gameplay... My dad can beat up to 4 Hard/Brutal AI in Generals Zero Hour... Just go trutle, build a few Auroras (make sure you are USA), and stay on the defensive... If the AI builds superweapons, hit them with Auroras (the superweapons), and you should go fine... Attack when your units are already heavily amassed...

no problems over here with hard army's. When you compare a hard army to an average human player the AI is way to easy. It is predictable as hell.
so true....on RA2, after I played about 15 games with the hard AI, I had a solid order and knew every place the AI would attack from...but Badger's right, the RA1 AI was much more difficult..on the higher difficulties, incredibly so :wink:

Guest MadBadger
I suggest turtle-style gameplay... My dad can beat up to 4 Hard/Brutal AI in Generals Zero Hour... Just go trutle, build a few Auroras (make sure you are USA), and stay on the defensive... If the AI builds superweapons, hit them with Auroras (the superweapons), and you should go fine... Attack when your units are already heavily amassed...

>_< no >_< no >_< no

I'm sorry.... It is a good strat but if you start using it you will just suck online....

Too many players turtle and it just makes a crappy game.....

Learn to use tanks etc as your defence...... you can have some defence to spot stealthed units and defend Vs sneak/ambush

but turttling and arouras.... :evil:..... not a great online strat...

Me will be online on ZH from around now for about 6 hours....

Add me to your MSN [email protected]

so true....on RA2, after I played about 15 games with the hard AI, I had a solid order and knew every place the AI would attack from...but Badger's right, the RA1 AI was much more difficult..on the higher difficulties, incredibly so :wink:

True, but in the older games the AI also uses cheats (for example, the AI had unlimited money and could build CY in TS)

True, but in the older games the AI also uses cheats (for example, the AI had unlimited money and could build CY in TS)

da, i had it when game AIs use cheats. Test Drive 5 was awful for it. AI cars would hit you and you'd spin off etc.. you touch them nothing happens to 'em

Guest MadBadger
da, i hate it when game AIs use cheats. Test Drive 5 was awful for it. AI cars would hit you and you'd spin off etc.. you touch them nothing happens to 'em

haha TD5 was wicked for that! I loved the San Fansisco track..... Land on the CPU cars!