Sign in to follow this  
Thierry

Using FinalBIG with Tibed...

When I was using Alpha 13 I could use FinalBIG with TibEd just fine, I did this a lot so I could manually code the stuff that TibEd cant do.

However, if I extract any INI file from a Tibed BIG file and open it in Notepad like I always do, its all messed up.

And whenever I try to import an INI file (say WeaponObjects) and then open Weaponobjects tree, tibed crashes.

I dont know if its supposed to be like that all but I have to use Alpha 13 if I want to use FinalBIG to edit some stuff manually.

Isnt it possible to open a manual edit window inTibed? Where you can simply see all the code the unit is made out of like in notepad? That way I can simply modify all the code I want while working with Tibed.

If you open the file in Notepad, then it is indeed messed up because 'Linux' line endings are used. If you open the file in Wordpad instead, it will work fine. This would be the short-term fix.

The long-term solution would indeed be a manual (or semi-manual) editor in TibEd 2. I'm currently working on something new for Empire at War, if it works out it should be applicable to Generals as well.

The plus side of the new TibEd version is that it will preserve comments in INI files - much better than alpha 13, which doesn't do that.

Ill see what Ill do in the meantime, I've used Alpha 13 for a long time now, doesnt crash a lot at all and works fine for me :).

Basicly with manual editor I mean more or less the same thing you got with the RA2 editor.

I get what you mean. Added it to my todo list.