Sign in to follow this  
knifepoint

edited vehicles not working

hi, ive just downloaded tibed and edited some vehicles, but they still seem to be the same as what they were before. what could i be doing wrong? this is for tiberian sun btw

Guest Rabbit

1. Did you save the changes to the game?

2. Are you loading a saved game?

3. What kind of changes are you making, and to what?

1. Did you save the changes to the game?
yes i saved then placed the file named save 1 into the sun folder.
2. Are you loading a saved game?
yes i am loading a mission i previously saved. i have also started a new mission and hte problem persists
3. What kind of changes are you making, and to what?
i am editing the rules for the attack buggy. changing the speed from 10 to 15 changing the strength from 220 to 500 and changing the armour to concrete. i am also changing the rules for the train locomotive, changing the speed from 8 to 1 and the same for the train car. i also increase the attack cycle's armour to concrete, speed to 15, strength to 500 and passengers to 6

Guest Rabbit

Alright, in reguards to the first question, you need not place anything in the folder. You just click the button that says to start the game, and it will ask you to save the changes to the game, and you just click yes. No moving anything.

ok i done that and the game launched firestorm. when it was loading i got a message stating: failed to initialize, please reinstall. i reinstalled the game twice and the prob persists. i went to the sun folder but i cant find the tiberian sun exe. im running the first decade btw.

it looks like ill have to format my hdd again to get the game working. it was ok before i installed tibed and now i cant get it to work at all. even though ive reinstalled it 4 times