Sign in to follow this  
joey11223

A couple of questions

Hi, i'm new to these forums but i thought i'd ask a couple of questions about modding my units. I use tibed but i usually have it on manual so it's basicly like using rules.ini.

1) In alot of mods i have downloaded i have seen the MRLS. It fires a barrage of rockets at an enemy unit, the rockets don't home to thier target they just land in the rough area causing an the rockets not to land in the exact same place, unlike the IFV. Basicly i want to know how to do this. I've tried using flak scatter to scatter it's shots, making it " Inheritly innacurate" and making the rockets have a limited amount of fuel but nothing works. It stil fires like the IFV and homes on it's target. Can someone tell me how to make it like a proper MRLS. An example is the one in Robot storm and the MRLS98 which i think was in the eagle red mod.

2) I am also trying to make a suicidal aircraft( can also be found in robot storm and eagle red mods). I have tried making it's attack suicidal but either it wont have a weapon when i play or it will just fly to it's target then fly back. I want it to destroy itself in the air and land on the target.

3) the final problem for now is my chrono tank. I have tried putting it to teleport=yes and changing it's locomotion to the legionairres but nothing seems to work, it just drives like a normal tank.

Any help on these will be much appreciated, especially the first 2!! :wink:

Instead of making a new thread i will continuesly post in this one if i have more questions.

1) In alot of mods i have downloaded i have seen the MRLS. It fires a barrage of rockets at an enemy unit, the rockets don't home to thier target they just land in the rough area causing an the rockets not to land in the exact same place, unlike the IFV. Basicly i want to know how to do this. I've tried using flak scatter to scatter it's shots, making it " Inheritly innacurate" and making the rockets have a limited amount of fuel but nothing works. It stil fires like the IFV and homes on it's target. Can someone tell me how to make it like a proper MRLS. An example is the one in Robot storm and the MRLS98 which i think was in the eagle red mod.

Inaccurate=yes, Ranged=yes, FlakScatter=yes on the weapon's projectile. All you need.

2) I am also trying to make a suicidal aircraft( can also be found in robot storm and eagle red mods). I have tried making it's attack suicidal but either it wont have a weapon when i play or it will just fly to it's target then fly back. I want it to destroy itself in the air and land on the target.

http://forums.revora.net/index.php?showtopic=27469

3) the final problem for now is my chrono tank. I have tried putting it to teleport=yes and changing it's locomotion to the legionairres but nothing seems to work, it just drives like a normal tank.

Do not use Teleporter=yes on a chrono vehicle. The C-Legion locomotor is sufficient.

:)

well this MRLS thingy isn't working. At the moment the missiles blow up about an inch from the unit that fires them and they still land in the same place. Take a look at my wep and tell me where i'm going wrong:

[multirocketlauncher]

MinimumRange=1

Projectile=mrl rocket

Range=8

ROF=80

Speed=30

Warhead=ORCAAP( explosion like harriers missiles)

Report=SeawolfAttack

Burst=10

Damage=30

[mrl rocket]

FlakScatter=yes

Image=DRAGON

Inaccurate=yes

Ranged=yes

Arm=2

also the link isnt working for me and i'd also like to know why when i make or clone a new unit it's name doesn't change. I cloned the flak track and changed it's name to MRLS but ingame it still says flak track.

Try adding Proximity=yes as well.

Also, I suggest casing the weapons and such the same as Westwood did. Instead of all lowercase letters, write your weapon like this: [MultiRocketLauncher] and the projectile like this [MLRSproj]. Somewhat easier usually.

well it turns out that i actually needed arcing=yes. So now that works fine. Also forget about the naming my units properly because i realised i had to change them in the CSF file so they also work now to. The only other thing is that suicidal airplane. The link is broken for me so can you tell me what to do please :wink:

nope, i get this error when trying the link:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: bot_antispam_gd() in /home/revora/public_html/forums/sources/action_public/topics.php on line 618

do you know any other link or could you copy paste what is written in the tut for me. Also as it takes a while to reply could you possibly tell me it over my msn? It's [email protected] if u want. If you don't then that's fine :wink:

o another thing... I'm not sure if this is possible with RA2/Yr but i was wondering if i could make some kind of chrono cannon or chronosphere death wep:

1) chrono cannon: Basicly i want a grand cannon, the difference being that when the projectile hit it's target, the target was instantly chronoed out of time. I'm not sure if a warhead can make it's target vanish like an instant chrono legionairre way.

2) Chronopshere death wep: Im trying to make death weapons for all the supers, i have the nuke and curtain sorted but not chronosphere or weather controller. I want the weather machine to call a weather storm over itselfs when it explodes and i want the chronosphere to chrono out all tanks and infantry nearby by the same method above and possibly the buildings aswell.... Any help on any part of these would be much appriated!! :D

1) chrono cannon: Basicly i want a grand cannon, the difference being that when the projectile hit it's target, the target was instantly chronoed out of time. I'm not sure if a warhead can make it's target vanish like an instant chrono legionairre way.
Easy enough... Chrono time is based on damage, if I remember correctly. More damage=quicker chrono.
2) Chronopshere death wep: Im trying to make death weapons for all the supers, i have the nuke and curtain sorted but not chronosphere or weather controller. I want the weather machine to call a weather storm over itselfs when it explodes and i want the chronosphere to chrono out all tanks and infantry nearby by the same method above and possibly the buildings aswell.... Any help on any part of these would be much appriated!! :D
Ummm... I assume you make a new DeathWeapon for it, something with a high CellSpread but low range, so it only effects the immediate area. Try using the Terrorist death weapon for reference. Or waiting for Beowulf to explain it. :P

Guest Rabbit

Same fatal error on my end, in reguards to the link.

You need a Temporal warhead with a really high Damage on the weapon.

Can't be done in this manner. Temporal warheads, aka chrono warheads, cannot have a cell spread.