Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Mike Verdu C&C 3 Interview

GameDaily have posted an interview with Mike Verdu, executive producer of C&C 3, about the casting of actors for the FMV sequences in the game. Mike Verdu also discusses the advantages of filming the FMV's in high definition as well. Here is a sample question:

GameDaily: Can you talk about what Hollywood actors bring to the story-telling of this game?

Mike Verdu: Our very talented cast is bringing the characters, story, and game world for Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars (C&C 3) to life in a way that computer generated characters simply can't. The C&C 3 story is rich, layered, and has a depth that is unusual for the real-time strategy genre.

For example, Billy Dee Williams plays a politician thrust onto the world stage during the ultimate crisis, a man who must wrestle with deep insecurities and character flaws that become increasingly visible as the pressure on him mounts. Josh Holloway plays an elite military planner who has never actually confronted the death and destruction resulting from the very operations he plans; when he is forced to come face to face with the horrors of war, he gains a new level of empathy and understanding that leads to a character defining moment. Tricia Helfer plays the conflicted second-in-command of a stateless superpower, a new hybrid of terrorist organization, religion, and nation-state; she draws you into her own worldview to the point where you may well feel sympathy for this character who is ruthless and evil in the conventional sense but has a strong sense of honor and duty within her own twisted frame of reference.

Click here to read the rest of this interview.

Hmm....who is this lady who's "second in command of a new, hybrid terrorist nation-state thingy"

Kane's replacement for Slavik?

General Kitar? Meh, thats what it sounds like to me anyway.

image0ou4.jpg

Backstabbing bitch. :P lol.

EA - well, we're doing C&C 3 and we need a new Nod Commander

Fans - well what abotu Slavik what happened to him?

EA - um, right O, back to the new commander....

Fans - so no Slavik?

EA - do I NEED to shut you up? We have.....a lady commander

Some fans - *drool*

Other fans - yeah, well as long as you tell Cygnus to stop posting weird and random stuff

Cygnus - DAMN you, I want to know what happened to Slavik!

ok well anyway, we'll prob get somethign like, eh, he was killed in a car accident, or a bomb exploded on his head, or he disapeared, or we couldnt get him to work for us again, I mean, uh....GDI got him in a surprise assault, yeah, that was it :roll: :wink: