poll on walls to be put right into cnc 3

should walls be put in cnc 3?  

13 members have voted

1. 1.

• if they can be disabled online
    • undecided
    • no
    • yes

edit: poll is over, see results at : http://forums.cncden.com/showthread.php?t=19153&page=6

simple poll, vote for what you want. a poll is going on several sites, if you see a cnc 3 walls poll by me and you have already voted in one do not vote again. eventually the poll results will be merged on a forum at www.cncden.com under the cnc3 walls thread. any one who wants walls please sign the petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/cncwalls/

thanks to all who vote

They're in the game, someone has to mod them out.

They're not really needed to be honest. Apart from protecting a con yard and certain structures from engineers they're pointless.

Last time I checked, protecting the con yard was pretty important. And if they're aren't walls, it wouldn't really be c&c, right?

I have to say I miss the walls but I'm not really too concerned they're not going to be added in the final version of the game

In this game you won't have time to build walls. The game is such a speed that if you want to place concrete perimeter structures lined with other stuff to make it look nice... you're playing the wrong game... That's why Maxis created the Sim franchise.

Once you play the game you'll forget about walls. If you need them you aren't good enough. There's more strategy involved in protecting a base anyway without em.

In this game you won't have time to build walls. The game is such a speed that if you want to place concrete perimeter structures lined with other stuff to make it look nice... you're playing the wrong game... That's why Maxis created the Sim franchise.

Once you play the game you'll forget about walls. If you need them you aren't good enough. There's more strategy involved in protecting a base anyway without em.

since when have walls taken that long to build? and if you don't have time to build them then woulden't it take more strategy to build them then not? plus walls have been part of several cnc games before, why get rid of them now in the next game in the series.

Guest Rabbit

Because, they're useless.

They take a while to build around your base in this game due to the complexities and more 3d type map. Honestly, if you'd have seen the walls, you'd understand why they're not there.

There are walls, just not in MP, and it should stay that way.

What he means by taking too long, is with the type of AI or enemy you'll be facing, you'll want to focus on units and base defenses, not walls.

Walls are the **** people and as such I demand they be placed in the game...

Sure I'll never use them, but that is far from the point! :nod:

The only time I used walls is just to strengthen weak defences around my base.

TBH I really dont think you can compare Strengthening a defence the same as building walls in The Sims

Well, the best thing I could say is for them to be an upgrade. For instance, you get a con yard and deploy walls around it [with a quick opening gate for engies and emisarys/outposts] so that it protects your con yard and prevents engies from gettin in.

imo, if an engi can get to your conyard, you're already screwed :haha:

but I actually like illumenatis's idea :nod:

Thank you. I try my best to get ideas from other people. :roll:

Yeah, but it would have to be expensive, like 500 a pop. :nod:

If you want to keep engineers out place your base defensive structures strategically. You don't need walls if you build your base right.

Of course. But, if walls were to be implemented in multiplayer, the upgrade for buildings would be your best bet.

I agree with Sonic, but walls are just another parameter of defense that can be added if the cash is available.

Oh my God. Ya'll don't barely bitch bout the mouse left and right click thing but when it comes to walls ohh, the horror! Think of the children!

No, if anything, the mouse issue is WAY more important.

haiiiii, if you wanna protect MCV from engis, build some cranes and defense torrets... or maibeee dont letz themz enemes in yo base kk?

Cranes should only work if you have an mcv. :nod:

Umm.. I don't know bout you... But a crane is one of my first buildings I build. So even if they rush MCV.... Still got a crane. :roll:

I know, but I don't think that is what a traditional c&c game would be like. The only game where you didn't need an MCV to build is Generals, and we know that that was not really command and conquer... :roll:

Yeah I like the cranes, they're like a second MCV for less...

What annoys me is the fact you have to have an MCV to have radar... I mean what the hell is that big thing on top of the communications building? A radar DISC! But oh hell no it doesn't provide radar... Pah stupid decision to move radar to the MCV...

WTF?!? Why the hell did they go on and do that... :evil:

man they better put walls in, they're so sikk yoo, good for defending mcv and superwpns and other important structures

Just build tons of silo's and place them around your base perimeter :lol: