Sign in to follow this  
Woofna

C&C3 Rig ordered today

I keep trying to order rigs and running into financial trouble, but it's over, I have been repaid the 5,000 dollars I was owed.

So.

I did it! I finally ordered a new comp. Intel had made a killing on me, even though I want to be an AMD fanboy, all my comps have always been Intels, all Pentiums even, until now ...

Anyhow. I have finally ordered a new computer! It's being processed now.

I have to apologize for my endless threads, but this is the 2nd-to-last one. When I get the parts I will post a thread/log of the building process.

First:

Here is the rig I have been using for years. And it's the fastest I've ever owned, by far, the last rig was a P3.

Pentium 4 Northwood (2.53ghz)

512mb DDR-266 (one stick)

120-gig IDE hdd

GeForce4 MX420 (64mb onboard) AGP 4x

Dell mobo, AC'97 integrated sound

Dell 17'

Dell keyboard

Dell ball mouse

Dell 2.1 system

Now this is still an impressive rig to me.

Here is what I have ordered.

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6420 - $189

Moob: GIGABYTE DS3 Rev 1 - $99

RAM: 2 gb G.Skill HZ dual-channel - $124

GPU: Sapphire x1950XT 256 - $169 (AR)

PSU: Antec Truepower Trio 650w - $99 (AR)

HDD: 7200.10 250gb - $69

ODD: Sony SATA DVD-Burner - $30

Case: Xion II Hydraulic - $39 (AR)

Display: 17-inch DVI LCD, 8ms, 0.264pp, $139 (AR)

Keyboard: SaiTek Eclipse (I WANT I WANT I WANT) - $45

Mouse: USB optical mouse - $5 (Will go wireless later)

Tell me this won't just kick ass. This is going to totally blow me away. And better yet, this is the 'Barebone' form of this rig. The card is a placeholder for a DX10 card ( I am not confident that 6-month-old cards, I.E. G80's, will be good enough for newer DX10 games ), an X-fi xtrememusic is in the plans, as is a 5.1 system for surround sound. I also will get a wireless mouse and a 19' monitor, then use the 17' as a secondary.

This is going to my first real gaming rig. It's just going to pwn anything I've ever SEEN before.

And while the Dell barely ran Generals, this rig better PWN on C&C3. That's the first game it's running. I have it right now but I refuse to put it on the Dell.

So. This will run C&C3, I hope. And as for contrast ... how much of a difference do you think I'll notice between this and the above-mentioned Dell? A lot? Yeah. It should start up in a 5th of the time.

Three cheers for NewEgg.

I'm very happy. Wish my Rig and I luck!

Guest Rabbit

Compared to your old rig, hell yeah, this thing is going to deal some serious cards.

Don't worry, it'll run C&C 3 goodness. ;)

When you get your new rig and C&C 3 singleplayer done, get xfire and add me and we'll play. :)

well have fun playing CNC3 :), its the kind of rig I would buy if I had anywhere close to 5 grand and just a heads up Intel has been tested against AMD and it runs faster

well have fun playing CNC3 :), its the kind of rig I would buy if I had anywhere close to 5 grand and just a heads up Intel has been tested against AMD and it runs faster

This is a 1000$ rig. When you build your own, you get more for less. =D

Thinking of adding a SCSI set of HDD's, so I never see load screens again. I may go RAID with SATA3 though on the seagates.

Intel's Core architecture outperforms the K8(Athlon) in that Athlons generally achieve 9 operations per cycle, whereas Cores achieve 12 per cycle.

Combine that with the fact that AMD's highest K8 cpu runs stock at 3.0ghz. Now know that I got the E6420, which has both the 4mb cache and the x6 multiplier I so desire. I will probably overclock to around 3.2ghz, and hopefully my RAM timings won't be too loose at all. I should have a good, Orthos-stable 3.2ghz system once I'm done tweaking.

The most exotic dual-core processor on the market right now, the Core 2 Extreme Edition, runs at 2.93ghz. Mine will run at 3.2.

Not to mention I have a Radeon X1950XT, which I will be overclocking to XTX speeds. The XTX is arguably the best DX9 card on the market, and I will achieve it's performance (sans the DDR4 VRAM) for about $130 dollars.

I win. =D