Sign in to follow this  
TheBlackOut

Official CNCNZ.com C&C 3 Tourney

Should we use hamachi or the online service?  

14 members have voted

1. 1.

• Hamachi

I'm sure it would be... but that makes the payoff more fulfilling.

We just make it, an annual event. And probably make the final - a live broadcast for members of both sites to enjoy.

Maybe look at a Christmas timeframe, or some other holiday for the annual event. I mean that's what sporting clubs do... the *traditional* ANZAC day football game for example.

Anyway... it *could* be fun.

-gben

Yes, and then sites get into competitive "buying" of pro players for their respective sites... haha.. That would be classic. :P

Yes, and then sites get into competitive "buying" of pro players for their respective sites... haha.. That would be classic. :P

so yeah... sorry to reveal it like this... but I'm in negotiations for another site already!

-gben

Anyway, someone want to challenge me for my awesome C&C3 title? I know you want to! :P

this is a late reply (sorry) but yeah I'm interested in another tourney...

Maybe where possible, we should have re-matches with our old opponents for the first round... or like I suggested for the first one... organise a best of 3 matches per round.

Maybe in terms of new patch, we should also wait for the open map non-mirrored map competition to finish as well?

EDIT:

Maybe Zee could do a cncnz version of "battlecast 5" as our trailer/teaser for the new comp? if we could get APOC to join the party and give away a free C&C3KW expansion pack as a prize... we'd be sure to gain more interest!

lol.. That would be cool..

And BO3 is best imo also, just need players. :)

I don't like the fact of "bigger interest", that just attracts more people that are just in it for the prize, I like the idea of the community.

When the new patch comes, we'll start discussion about what to do, etc. I'll get you and Luk3us as you two seem the most involved and interested to discuss what to do, what maps to use, etc. Cross-community matches would be the best, but for now, let's not bother. 1.09 is taking it's sweet old time.

I don't like the fact of "bigger interest", that just attracts more people that are just in it for the prize, I like the idea of the community.

When the new patch comes, we'll start discussion about what to do, etc. I'll get you and Luk3us as you two seem the most involved and interested to discuss what to do, what maps to use, etc. Cross-community matches would be the best, but for now, let's not bother. 1.09 is taking it's sweet old time.

I agree. :nod:

Since I imagine we'd probably be able to get maybe 8 people again, we can go with the idea of the BO3 approach with a pre set ladder, or go with a round robin approach, where everyone plays everyone and those with the highest amount of wins then play off against each other or something similar.

Well I like the round robin approach... get to play everyone has got to be fun. That might make it more difficult to fit everyone in with timezones.

Of course I'd like to do BO3 and RR...

This is coming from the perspective of the guy... who STILL is not a very confident CNC3 player.

Sad... so very sad. (You think I'd be learning something by now!)

Well 1.09 is now out, so I say we start organising this thing, so we can do it sometime in mid to late November, before December when people might bugger off on holidays and the like.

And RR, BO3 could take a while. But yeah still best approach since there will only be what, about 8 people, which is small enough.

HOST A 2V2 TOURNEY!

you can count me in

if luk3us and tsbo are a team, i'll bring my own m8 to play in the tourney.

HOST A 2V2 TOURNEY!

you can count me in

if luk3us and tsbo are a team, i'll bring my own m8 to play in the tourney.

Ha that would be a fun match to broadcast... whether you have a 2on2 tourney or not. Which makes me think sonic and sarecen should team up for a tenth anniversary king-of-the-hill challenge.

By the way November is going to be hard for me to find them time, especially up until 20th when it will be impossible.

locked and detached at the request of TSBO.