Sign in to follow this  
Frostmourne902

Hi, ZeroHour restarting PC at Score screen

Hi, Just got the deluxe edition of the game.. used to play it back in the day..

anyways, when I finish a game (skirmish or campaign) the game freezes momentarily and causes my pc to restart...

Specs

Intel Celeron 2.4 Ghz

760 MB DDR ram

Geforce 6200 OC Pci (not express) 256 mb

160 Gig 7200 RPM hard drive

Sound Blast Live!

yep, my pc isnt great, but it runs the game FLAWLESSLY on High settings 1158x845 (or whatever that resolution is), I dont not experience any lag or slow down, just that crash restart/. Can anyone help, Thank you verymuch.

looks like ypur comp is fine, its posible its the disc, and if you got a new one, and still dotn work right, uninstall it and install it

Its because your running the game on high details. It's pushing your underpowered CPU and video card to hard and probably overheating, causing the game to crap out and restart the computer. You need more RAM as well.

Drop the detail level down to medium and see how it goes.

Its because your running the game on high details. It's pushing your underpowered CPU and video card to hard and probably overheating, causing the game to crap out and restart the computer. You need more RAM as well.

Drop the detail level down to medium and see how it goes.

I will try that along with reinstall but i do not think its my CPU or Video card, because as crappy as they maybe, they can run Bf2 (I am not kidding) on 1024x768 on low settings/max view distance at an average of 27 fps, the game doesn't run slow DURING gameplay its ONLY at the SCORE SCREEN (after game ends) that it crashes. Also, the PC is not overheating, the temp stays the same as it is usually.

im starting to think its the CD its self, sense alot of times the CD's dont work right or have glitches, happens to alot of peaple, it could be for this case too. if all else fails try copying the files from the disc and onto another disc and try that... if it is really the disc you can always buy a cheap one ( zero hour is useually 10 bucks, and around the same for generals) or find a crack for it

The thing is, these days games don't use the CD/DVD to get data from when playing. You buy the game, install it from the CD/DVD and that's it. The only reason you need to put the disc in each time you play is for copy protection, it checks your disc then loads the game from your hard drive. At no time during the game does the computer take data from the disc.

However if your discs are damaged, scratched or dirty it may cause problems when your installing the game.

Well I have tried uninstalling/ re-installing and lowering the graphical settings but both didnt work, the problem is the same as before, after a game ends, it restarts my pc when it gets to the SCORE SCREEN, (screen freezes, but the music keeps playing for several second before

crashing) : :( :oops: :cry: :roll:

Also, I have Generals patched to 1.8 and Zero Hour to 1.4, latest I could find. Both english. (dont run any background programs while playing a game, theres no virus or spyware)

Try updating your motherboard/video/sound drivers.

Ok lol get this... So I remove/clean my video card drivers.. take out my vid card, clean pc with compressed air.. put card back in.. re isntall drivers (latest ofcourse)... and I decide to play.. Generals (ORIGINAL).. works.. flawlessly no crashes.. no restarting at the score screen nada.

(didnt play generals before reinstalling vid drivers. so dont kow if the problem was happening with that as well) .. BUT i launch ZERO HOUR, Same Fing problem! score screen restart.. LOL god damn ea.. GENERAL Works but Zero hour doesnt? lol what kind of bs is this... Ea is getting letter soon.

Yes. My Mobo/sound/video drivers are up to date. ZH is the only game im having trouble with.