Sign in to follow this  
TheFieryFox

RA2 Changes not being applied

I have been trying to get the TibEd Changes I have made into Red Alert 2. However when I load up the game, the changes are not there in any way. I have done this before and it worked fine, however since there I have had a few computer changes. I am using The First Decade, and my OS is Windows Vista. Also when I look in the folder where Red Alert 2 is located, I can't even find the rules.ini file to check to see if it was saved to the game file. Any help on how to remedy the problem would be much appreciated.

Hmmm, have you tryed reisntalling BOTH programs? Generally the "changes not being made" part is the cause one of the programs being lame, so just try that for now and will go from there. That is unless Koen has an alternative.

The part where you say that your OS is Windows Vista is the culprit (I think). Vista, under certain user account configurations, will not let TibEd write in the RA2 folder. Can you check the Properties (right mouse button->properties) of the RA2 folder, and perhaps modify the permissions to allow everyone to write there?

Also, does TibEd give any errors? Is your game folder correctly configured (is it not pointing to a different installation/other version of the game)?

I made sure to point it to the correct folder and of the other games I've used it on, it works just fine. I'll try to modify the permissions in the RA2 folder and see if that works.