Sign in to follow this  
Soulja Boy

RED ALERT 2 YURI'S REVENGE MAP MAKING! (HELP PLEASE)

I have a few things to ask about YR map making because Ive ben through alot of forums but none helped me much so.....

1)How do you do those survival map because I looked at the first forum in the whole list and I did that and my map didnt even show up in the map selection screen.Please help with that I would appreciate it.

2)How do you make things your stuff at the start like if you have played 1 of those map4you maps the one when you start with a tanya/boris/seal/sniper and a spysat and power plant you dont have to capture it its automatically yours!

3)When you make a survival map how do you make them chrono or paradrop them in the selected location.Well mostly they chrono there but some survivals Ive seen paradrop even tanks falling from the skies with paradrop.

4)How do you do those triggers like a survival map as soon as I deployed my mcv general carville said "I hope your ready commander yuri's force are taking over the area" and on the map "escape from alcatraz-Ivalklinka" as soon as you destroy the statue of liberty you win.I really want help with that as much as I do with all the others.

5)How do you make your starting units promoted to lvl 3(Elite) at the start as Ive seen alot of custom maps start with Elite units.

6)How do you make the superweapons/paradrop ready straight away after use like the map "Global Meltdown"you capture the tech airport and secret lab you get all the superweapons and you use them and then they are ready straight away.

7)How do you make fast-build and make things shoot differently like some maps I see GI's Initiates and conscripts shooting prism things.

8)How do you make new stuff like the "Missing Cameo" stuff like a monkey or something.

9)How do you do repeating iron curtain because I tried the trigger thing but still didnt work I must have done it wrong.

10)How do you make things stronger or make buildings do different things like map4you's map walls take a long time to break down you get bored of it and its a waste of time and in "Golbal Meltdown" the ore purifier is a gap generator and when you capture the purifier you see everything under the gap generator or make a tech oil give you alot of cash or unlimited cash.

Reasons for questions:

1)Keen on making a good survival and share it with everyone on the net.

2)So I can make things for a player like for a survival the attacking units thier one.

3)So I can make a proper survival map.

4)To make my maps more thrilling and exciting.

5)So i can make it a bit easier for survivals.

6)So I can make maps like a 1v1 non stop super fight or sumthin else.

7)Same as reason 5.

8)So I can make better things for a more challenging match.

9)so the enemy conyard in a survival wont die if you try to attack it.

10)I was thinking of making a gapping map so a spysat wont do anything and you wont know whats coming and what defense your opponent has you only have spyplane paradrop or psychic reveal to have a brief look and will be much harder or I could use 9(Repeat Iron Curtain)

Now that Ive said my 10th reason you guys might copy my idea but I dont care as long as you help me on how to make one if you dont I will care.

I know this is alot to answer but I dont need you to answer all of them but it would help if you did.

CNCNZ username:Soulja Boy

Red alert2 name:Killa187

Im not sure how the RA2 map editor works but from when i used to make custom scenarios for Empire Earth most of the things you mentioned were all done with specific triggers

OMG! so many questions!

Most of you're questions are answered in the Final Alert help thingie and if you're not using Final Alert then you should.

I will help a bit but if you're not using FA some of this won't work.

1. If by "survival" you are meaning one-player maps and they aren't showing up, you need to name them the right thing, look at help.

2. You change the house to whatever house is player controlled, see edit>houses to see which one, default america.

3. Make a taskforce with wanted units + infantry then make a team that includes that taskforce (you can make them veteran here) then make a trigger where the effect is "reinforcement by chrono" with your team selected and the event is "any event" which will set it off straight away at the start.

4. Look at help, for MCV deploy you have event "if building exists" or similar and action "play sound" or something.

5. look at 3

6. not sure, try making a repeating trigger with event attached to building and effect "add one-time special weapon", make more effects and add different specials.

7. I think you would need to use a mod editor like TibEd for that.

8. Use TibEd

9. Try number 6

10. Use TibEd