Sign in to follow this  
JahSpoR

SUN.INI (FIXED)

Well,. finally installed Tibsun + FS with original cd's since TFD seems to **** up everything >_<

But I can't stand that every pixel is 3x3 cm on my screen. So I need the SUN.INI file so I can change that.

I spend one hour on google trying to find the file but failed.

Is it possible for any of you to upload it?

PS. It's kind of wierd the game doesn't start up with it. Or do you need a patch?

PSS The SUN.INI does count for FS as well doesn't it?

quick help would be appreciated :)

Edited by JahSpoR

That was help. You can't change whatever it is you want changed with sun.ini so quit your bitching.

allright, changing the resolution in SUN.INI is possible just did that after finding help somewhere else.

whether it does me good or not is kind of up to me :huh:

wouldn't bitch of you didn't post that useless post.

where the hell did you even get the idea that it aint possible to change the SUN.INI?

If you have a mouse why don't you try and clicky here? ;s

unless you are talking about something else than the file you use for modding in Tiberian Sun, stop making a fool out of yourself.

(well, you can continue with that, but at least stop being so damn negative :) )

I didn't say you couldn't change it, you weren't very specific on what you were asking. If you'd said RESOLUTION, I would have given you the answer - yes, you can change the resolution.

That was help. You can't change whatever it is you want changed with sun.ini so quit your bitching.

what the hell was this then?!

I think you missed the whole point, so am a give it to you :rolleyes:

When you install "Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun" on your pc it somehow doesn't come with the SUN.INI that is possible to edit. (didn't in my case)

So I asked if anyone had it.

(Its funny you are still continuing anyawy :) )

There's a sun.ini sitting in my directory, then again, I have the original discs and not TFD. Perhaps you should turn off "Hide Extensions For Known File Types" or show hidden files. Sounds like Windows is hiding your file.

There's a sun.ini sitting in my directory, then again, I have the original discs and not TFD. Perhaps you should turn off "Hide Extensions For Known File Types" or show hidden files. Sounds like Windows is hiding your file.

uses original discs (not TFD) and windows can hide nothing from me :mad::)

got it fixed so theres really no need for further discussion.

Enlighten everyone. How did you fix it?

****, I wonder if the -hires switch works on Tiberian Sun...

wtf?!

I downloaded the SUN.INI file that appearently didn't come with the original CD for some reason.

I fixed what I wished to, (that means changing the resolution to 1920x1200)

are you DONE yet or will you continue your self-pwn rampage? :huh:

It actaully took 1920x1200? o_0

Then -hires will work. Sweet.

well, yeah but had to turn it down a bit. everything is pretty small.

Edited by JahSpoR

Enlighten everyone. How did you fix it?

****, I wonder if the -hires switch works on Tiberian Sun...

Nope, but if you add AllowHiResModes=true in SUN.INI under [Video], it will show any resolutions over 800x600 in the display settings.

Also, if you remove Expand01.MIX and GMenu.mix, this brings back the old TS menu, where you can type in "cheats" at the menu...

HIRES - For Hi resolution options in the display settings.

TOGGLE - For the menu to stay locked at 640x400, and the actual ingame resolution is set by that of the display options.

PENGO - ...Just kill some infantry in Tiberium for the lulz :P

THETEAM - Play as the good'ol Westwood guys in Skirmish.

wtf?!

I downloaded the SUN.INI file that apparently didn't come with the original CD for some reason.

I fixed what I wished to, (that means changing the resolution to 1920x1200)

are you DONE yet or will you continue your self-pwn rampage? :huh:

SUN.INI Does not come with the Game on the ship CD's. The game creates it on first bootup. I can even show you the code to prove it :P

It actually took 1920x1200? o_0

Then -hires will work. Sweet.

Like above -HiRes dont work. But another fact on that, the game will display any resolution possible upto 4096x4096! ;)

SUN.INI Does not come with the Game on the ship CD's. The game creates it on first bootup. I can even show you the code to prove it :P

Finally some usefull help.

thanks.

Interesting... Although I wouldn't go too hi-res for this game, it wasn't meant to go beyond 800x600, so 1280x1024 or even 1024x768 will satiate me.

Actually, i beg to differ, TS has no problems rendering in higher resolutions. TacticalClass, what controls everything on the interactive map, is kinda like a vector, it just resizes according to the resolution specified, no extra fancy rendering needed.

Also, HiResMode and ModeToggle could have been features they used themself on there systems, because think, in 1998, not many computers could run 1024x768, so they might have had hardware that could.

Also, ill add it that the Westwood coders made a error in the WaveClass code, WaveClass draws the sonic beam and lasers in the game. This error causes the game to IE in some drawing code at certain resolutions, seems they forgot to update it :P

Edited by TSHyper