Sign in to follow this  
Mcbob

Changing Superweapon Values Zero Hour

I'm trying to figure out how to change the number of bombs dropped by a Carpet Bomber, the area affected, etc.

I could not find anything in TibED2, but I did look in the INIZH.BIG file, and found the codes in there. However, upon changing the values, the game became corrupted, so I had to reinstall it.

Any way I can find the file, and edit it in TibED2, without causing a crash?

Do you happen to know which file it is you want to edit?

Do you happen to know which file it is you want to edit?

I want to edit the Chinese Carpet Bomb code so that it can drop about 30 bombs in quick succession.

The code values are located in the INIZH.BIG file in my main directory, and thats all I know so far.

Edited by Mcbob

Under "Special Powers" you have SuperweaponCarpetBomb. Under "Weapons" you have CarpetBombWeapon. But the number of bombs created might be in the ObjectCreationList... which is currently not editable by TibEd 2 beta 4/5. I'm not sure what you'd find there (because I don't know the specific codes that you have edited in your INIZH.Big). You cannot directly edit INIZH.Big in a text editor. However, if you download FinalBIG, this does support editing files inside that file (if you use FinalBIG, you will understand why I asked you which file inside the BIG you were editing).

Under "Special Powers" you have SuperweaponCarpetBomb. Under "Weapons" you have CarpetBombWeapon. But the number of bombs created might be in the ObjectCreationList... which is currently not editable by TibEd 2 beta 4/5. I'm not sure what you'd find there (because I don't know the specific codes that you have edited in your INIZH.Big). You cannot directly edit INIZH.Big in a text editor. However, if you download FinalBIG, this does support editing files inside that file (if you use FinalBIG, you will understand why I asked you which file inside the BIG you were editing).

I see, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

EDIT:

Ok upon entering FinalBIG, I went directly to the mod file I made, and noticed it lacked the files I saw from the Vanilla INIZH.BIG. All the files were basically the tabs, and lists I saw from TibED2, minus settings such as Carpet Bomb Values, Spawn China Artillery Barrage, etc, etc. No OCL files in sight. When I opened INIZH.BIG, there they were.

Would I have to copy and paste text?

Edited by Mcbob

Guest Rabbit

When you make a mod of any kind, you'll see that it doesn't save all the same .big files and what not. It's basically saving small changes that you're adding on, so it doesn't have to go and rewrite the entire game. If you've ever edited any previous C&C games, it's kind of like Tibed 1 adding on a rules.ini file without actually copying the other files in the mix it was taken from.