v1.06c revision 3 is released NOW! Go get it at the website!
Read the 1.06c revision 3 ModDB release article.
-Read the 1.06c revision 2 ModDB release article for an overview of new features in r2
-Read the addendum about CnCNet to see how to play online.
Guess I should post this here again...
As I did on cnc-sector, I'll spend a few posts re-posting information about the stuff I've already implemented.
Hopefully, eventually, I'll get around to actually adding more stuff, too
So, without further ado, I present, the Project With No End...
just kidding. I'll finish it... eventually.
- Change the cycle order of the scoreboard/minimap in multiplayer so it switches to the zoomed-out map first.
- Make the name tooltip show up on tree clumps
- Look into power values displaying on the power bar label again
- Convert all changes to hifi's new automatic asm compiling system
- Implement all ini files to allow full modding
Implemented (in reverse chronological order, so you might want to start reading at the bottom):
1.06c revision 4: (TBA)
- Added mouse wheel scrolling for the ingame sidebar (thanks to CCHyper and iran)
- The French briefing of Nod's second N64 Special Ops mission now has correct diacritics
- The engineer death when getting killed by the ArmorPiercing warhead now plays a correct animation.
- The custom strings system can now add strings from both mods and language packs, and supports end-of-line characters
- Removed the code that made the "Unrevealed Terrain" tooltip disappear after mission 3
- Fixed the bug that made the commando give a move response together with the bombing response
- AI taunts and player messages now both give a message sound in multiplayer
- The game now shows tooltips on trees on the first 3 multiplayer maps (this was campaign logic that wasn't disabled in multiplayer)
- Adapted the client-side user interface of a LAN game to correctly show the 4 game modes.
- Implemented a system to detect people using the both-sides cheat. Their side will show up as "???" in the listings, rather than "GDI" or "NOD".
- Fixed a crash related to one of the AI taunt strings in German, which was way too long, making it corrupt the internal memory by writing beyond the reserved space. The taunt function can now handle longer strings, and the string has been shortened to actually fit on the screen in the 640x400 minimum resolution.
- The Comm Center, Tech Center and all base defense buildings detect stealth, but for some reason, the Advanced Comm Center didn't. This has now been rectified.
- There seems to be a way for people to get both GDI and Nod construction options in multiplayer. This is cheating, and has been fixed.
- Added SkirmishPlayers=[1-5] key in conquer.ini
- Made the 'UseCreditsMusic' key work correctly
- Updated ccconfig to set compatibility mode on C&C95.exe when CnC-DDraw is disabled
- A bug has been fixed that messed up the start locations detection in multiplayer maps, when the map itself contained no specific translated name for the game's configured language.
- CCConfig now allows disabling the "Back Buffer in Video Memory" option if CnC-DDraw is enabled.
- A bug preventing mods from loading their own custom music settings, rules.ini and mouse cursor files has been fixed
- The first letter of the side prefix added before missions in the New Missions menu is no longer used to determine whether the chosen mission is GDI or Nod.
- The last frame of the SSM Launcher's turret graphics without missiles is now coloured to house colour correctly.
- The "GDI" and "NOD" prefixes before missions in the New Missions menu are no longer hardcoded in the game, meaning they can now be modified by language packs and mods.
- Using very high resolutions on small maps no longer crashes when you have a radar minimap
- The maps in multiplayer now show the amount of players allowed on each map
- The maximum amount of players possible for a map will now be detected by the game, preventing bugs that occurred when there were less than 6 starting positions on the map.
- All game fonts have been updated to correct errors
- The Safe Scrolling option will no longer become enabled for other players in a multiplayer games when one player has it enabled
- The game can run in any resolution now, without restriction to the inbuilt 640x400 / 640x480 / 1024x768 modes, and as a result of this, the 640x480 mode now uses the full screen area
- Some maps which had random impassable or unbuildable tiles in them have been fixed
- All water animations in the graphics of the rivers and shores of the snow theater have been fixed
- A crash that happened in multiplayer games with a high number of players and a high amount of units on the map has been fixed
- Automatic network timing negotiation has been enabled for LAN, to allow smooth online play with CnCNet
- The player can now choose how the game fills in the in-between lines when stretching the videos
- Snow theater water crossings no longer look like they are two cells wide while only one cell is passable
- The same savegames can now be used in all game resolutions
- The radar minimap is no longer zoomed in by default
- Fixed the colour errors in the stretching on the Nod mission selection map and the Nod final mission info screen
- Added a new setup tool (CCConfig.exe), with integrated options for CnC-DDraw's advanced settings and windowed mode support
- The game now correctly checks if a theme exists; it was accidentally set to check if the theme length setting was 0 instead
- Some positioning errors in the sidebar elements were fixed
- Added a BaseLanguage option in conquer.ini to specify which language to use to fill in the defaults for partial language packs like Japanese
- Put the music settings back in the game configuration file
- Added a beep when receiving a message in multiplay
- Fixed the bug (from v1.06c revision 1) that made buildings uncapturable in multiplay (this fix already available through the hotfix downloadable from the website)
- All music settings are now read from an ini file, which allows easily adding new tracks
- For prerequisites, the Advanced Communications Center now also counts as Communications Center
- Using the arrow keys on the main menu now lets you go through the options in the right order
- The New Missions menu will now show missions with numbers up to 999
- The highest multiplayer map number read by the game has been increased from 99 to 255
- People can now change the music of special scenes (score/map/menu screens) in rules.ini
- Added the ForceBriefScreen option for missions, which forces the game to show a text briefing screen
- Expanded the Warheads array, for modding purposes
- Changed music settings in the dinosaur missions from "Untamed Land" to its internal code "J1", so it will still play the correct theme if the game is set to a language in which the theme names are translated
- Removed the ability to start a multiplayer game with a random theme, since it caused game desynchronization errors.
- The damage percentage calculated on armour is no longer 255/256 when it should be 100%
- RemoveBuildExceptions option for a mission removes all restrictions the game puts on single player build trees. This unlocks the Nod helipad, APC, MLRS etc, and allows captured construction yards to produce the other side's superweapons. Note that even with this key, normal build level restrictions still apply
- Moved all special options from the [Advanced] section in conquer.ini to a new rules.ini (inside updatec.mix), to separate user settings from game settings
- Fixed reading order of mixfiles, so sc*.mix mod addons can override the updat*.mix files added by the patch
- Fixed the firing sound of the SAM site
- The steel crate pickup animation now plays for both sides
- Removed the special dinosaur death sound logic from the game, and linked the death sound to their dying animations instead
- Player-controlled visceroids now respond using dinosaur voices instead of normal unit voices
- The computer opponent can no longer capture your Advanced Communications Center
- The Advanced Communications Center is no longer capturable in multiplayer games
- Specified building types can now be made capturable in specific missions
- Renamed the Covert Ops and Special Ops mission files so they all have consecutive mission numbers, so fan-made missions can't show up in between the official ones
- Dinosaur campaigns added as two mini-campaigns (one for GDI, one for Nod), and put at the top of the New Missions list
- Radar logo can be overridden through the mission file
- NoEgoScreen option (to disable the score screen after the mission) can now be added in the mission file
- Mini-campaigns of up to 15 missions: missions started from the New Missions menu will now try to continue to their other variants (EB, EC, ED...)
- Official Japanese language from console versions added to the game (unit and EVA sounds only)
- Mission-specific house colour changes, controlled with ini keys in the mission file
- New language system that is 100% independent from settings in the exe file, allowing anyone to add new language addons. This system allows the names of multiplayer maps and missions from the New Missions menu to be overridden by the ones specified in the briefings file (normally mission.ini)
- Added numbers before the multiplayer game mode, so people see there are 4 of them (for example: "[2/4] Capture The Flag")
- Changed the fact helicopters stay passive in Nod mission 7 to an option in the mission's ini file, so people can use it in their own missions
- Added 3 new destroyable triggers for mission programming, bringing the total up to 6. You can now destroy triggers named UUUU, VVVV, WWWW, XXXX, YYYY and ZZZZ. This should facilitate multiplayer scripting since it's possible to make one destroyable trigger for each multi-House (typically, for "All Destroyed".)