Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spydr331

Single unit transportation

Guest Spydr331

is there a way to make a unit that can carry another unit but not have that unit actually go inside it?

i saw a voxel that is labeled transprt but it doesnt look like that anything would even fit inside it if it were a real vehicle. it looks more like something that would attach to a vehicle and fly off. i dont think there is a way to make the unit this way but it is worth asking?

Ah carryall logic how we miss thee.

Make an aircraft. It must be a pad type as none else will do it properly. After that just add the tag Carryall=yes to the plane and it will pick up units. Just make sure you remove AirportBound=yes.

Guest Spydr331

pad type means it starts off on the allied radar building landing pad rite? and then removing the airport bound thing will make it come out of the war factory instead?

Guest Spydr331

dude! it actaully worked! i dont believe it thats so cool! THANKS FENRING 2 things i would like to change though... rite now it still uses the harrier vxl and id like to change it to the trnsport.vxl file that is already in the local.mix... how would i do that? and also when it lands on a unit to pick it up, it makes a funny looking purplish landing gas, any suggestions on how to fix it?

You could use the Paradrop plane or the unused CPLANE voxel. Both would look great for this.

Transport looks crappy since it's a TS voxel.

i dunno man, if you look at the trnsport.vxl file it looks like it was specifically made for this ability... oh well... doesnt matter which voxel we use, but how would i change the voxel?

one more thing! not that its a bad thing, but the carryall labeled itself "carryall" not that thats a bad thing, i was gonna label it air pickeruppper... but is there a way to change that?

Air pickerupper? :| Whatever, it's your mod.

Use CPLANE. It looks MUCH better.

Yes, you can change the name if you have a CSF string editor.

UIName=Name:CARY or whatever and fill in what you want.

well rite now its a harrier, how would i change the voxel to something else? that it like my main question cause after i learn how to do that i am set cause i downloaded a few extra voxels that i would like to put in the game but so far it hasnt been working... so im figuring once i get this one thing answered i wont be bothering you guys for a while

im using the trnsport voxel as an example caue its already in a .mix document in the game so i figured it would be easier than to get a whole new voxel and doing it that way...

also there are some units in the game that i would really like to use like the motorcycle and the big orca thing

Actually CPLANE already exists but is unused. It looks so much better than TRNSPORT which is the TS Carryall. Great for TS but HORRID for YR.

Read other threads for adding a new unit.

lol... i missed the chunk of the disscussion :'(... dam projects... anyways... carryall is really interesting... as it can carry 1 tank or multiple infantry... depending on Passengers= (something like that)... i always use a copied paradrop plane because it is big... harrier is too small... if you give the passenger size limit to 16, you can carry ships too... but the ship will never get back to the water... i place aircraft carriers on a bridge and blow everyone who tries to pass it... ;). anyways... if you give the carryall a weapon... it will actually paradrop the unit/infantries... BUT there are problems... you need to create a new blimp bomb for the plane is it is like a carpet bomber... so it paradrops the tank... clear the landing zone then go home... but if you are dropping infantries... it sometimes circle the place waiting to be shot down... you can play around with it... i won't tell you everything that i discovered eventhough i nearly did...

Well all know about paradropping with a fake weapon. That's old news and we've perfected it too. We can drop infantry and tanks with no trouble at all.

well... i am a newbie... give me a break.. i still have other things to do other than testing stuff... anyways... i am not really allowed to play RA2 or YR so i have to test when my parents are out... anyways... can you send me the code for paradrop plane? thx

i am not allowed to play any games... but i still play... ;) anyways... thx...

hey hey... i am asian with high standarded parents... i might retire from the computer until i can get straight 90s so i can play games legally...

well... i am trying my best... didn't you know that azn parents usually has high standards for their children?

I could have guessed as much but my parents have and still have high standards for me and my brother. And we're not Asian. :|

I think we're getting off topic here. :P

Guest Spydr331
if you give the passenger size limit to 16, you can carry ships too... but the ship will never get back to the water... i place aircraft carriers on a bridge and blow everyone who tries to pass it... ;). anyways... if you give the carryall a weapon... it will actually paradrop the unit/infantries... BUT there are problems... you need to create a new blimp bomb for the plane is it is like a carpet bomber... so it paradrops the tank... clear the landing zone then go home... but if you are dropping infantries... it sometimes circle the place waiting to be shot down... you can play around with it... i won't tell you everything that i discovered eventhough i nearly did...

ok, i got the whole pick up ships thing... problem is i cant put them down when i grab them... second thing i dont think i have tried pickin up infantry but i will try that soon, third thing how do you make them drop as a paradrop? mine has the harrier weapon still so it just places the tank down then goes for the attack... could you clarify this stuff?

ok... first of all... try not picking up ships as they are not suppose to be picked up... try putting it on a bridge and it might work... but with a 50% success... to put infantry in it... click the infantry and click it to enter the plane... it is like entering a normal transport... as for the plane dropping the tank when it attacks... it is suppose to... if you have infantry in it instead... it will the infantries instead... give it a dummy weapon so it doesn't go into attack mode...

If it's a Carryall, do not add a size limit. :|

It's meant to pick up ground faring vehicles and nothing more.