Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Tiberium Wars Aftermath, the second unofficial expansion pack to C&C3 is now officially cancelled.

Update 7/17/13: Tiberium Wars Aftermath will no longer be the sub-title to the expansion and neither is Tacitus Prophecy. After a three year making on the manual draft on private terms, a new sub-title has been replaced (with a logo) and when the draft is done it will be released.

Update 11/12/09: I am putting out of this project since the fate of EALA, C&C and the timetable to wait for a KW mod sdk has not exceeded expectations. The second reason is that I must depend on using a new faster PC to continue this project and the maps I have created and edited are all messed up. I keep relying on my old PC to do this and somehow they got corrupted on my old PC which recently is having hard drive problems which corrupted both the system and the compressed files. I did manage to get some new screenshots for this expansion, but now I am calling the new ones off. The third reason is that the KW Worldbuilder doesn't have all scripts and objects working unlike what the C&C3 WB have, so I am pissed off with that.

However, with the cancellation of this project, not only this project will go private but also the phrase terms of Tacitus Prophecy and Tiberium Wars Aftermath will be kept by me. If in the future someone is making a C&C3 expansion similar to this and use those term phrases in any story or title, you must ask me permission to use those terms. Nathyel Maes still holds the rights to make his own unofficial C&C3 expansion as the Tacitus Prophecy but I highly doubt if he's going for it since he's the one who created the fan box-art. I highly thank you some of the people who supported this expansion. I hope I can be rest-assured in doubt for what's in store for this in the rear future.

As for the previous statements about this expansion:

EALA isn't going to make another C&C3 game (we already knew that) and for the first time ever, I plan to make it solo and it will be free! Made into a fan box art by a French user, a lot of people are wondering about this, even Apoc too.

The title name has been changed due to the extent that Nathyel Maes has been impatiently wanting to do this as a KW mod so I let him be mod leader if he wishes to do the project and then maybe I'll join in. Since he didn't want my permission, my friends from Facebook are forcing me to change the name anyway and continue the project and so I did. The Tacitus Prophecy will still be mentioned as a background story and as a mission map.

As for the new title, I had permission from the Tiberium Essence creator to make mission maps under that mod specifically for Tiberium Essence, as I what was supposed to be called that title as the third expansion pack to C&C3. Now I have decided to merge the third expansion with the second expansion to form as one. The expansion will be split into two parts, 15 ACT1 missions for KW and 10 ACT2 missions for TE, which totals 35 mission maps in all plus 40 Commander's Challenge maps!

The story should take place somewhere around the ending events of C&C3 and KW. GDI is recovering from the third Tiberium War and the war's still not over yet. Scrin has been returning to Earth and preparing for an invasion and Kane now has the Tacitus away from GDI. But new twists of the story will be told in this mod.

So the story what I have thought of and made up are as follows:

The third Tiberium War was almost left in ruins. Kane was the future and has peaked to the highest level. Legion is the enhancement and replacement of Cabal in the legacy of Kane's own wrath. What if the third Tiberium War never ended? What if the Scrin began for the invasion including the influence of the tacitus that Kane had stolen from the GDI? What did the Scrin know about Kane and Nod so far and what communication and evidence did they attempt to have on them? The prophecy of the Tacitus will become something far more advanced and fortuned and that no human being has ever imagined in witness to the end of the world ....

From the C&C3 ending, after the GDI last victory against the second to last Alien Control Node, Nod was holding the last Alien Control Node in order to make communication with the Scrin, possibly for Kane wanting to get the Tacitus and hand it over to the scrin so they can likely ally each other. But the GDI doesn't know about that yet and they didn't even know that Kane was still alive, surviving for his ascension.

Between C&C3/KW and ... Tacitus Prophecy was the small midturn event, Boyle's Legacy. Despite either General Granger and Director Boyle may be resigning from GDI, Boyle went onto his legacy and betrayed the GDI using his forces and the ion cannon to go against whoever opposes him. Until at the end, GDI Intel found out that he was mind-controlled by the Scrin Mastermind thousands of miles away AND found another Alien Control Node built nearby Boyle's main base in the cold tundra of Iceland. Boyle was brought back from mind- control and was now in intensive care in a hospital where the GDI have never heard from him again. General Sherman replaced Granger in operations of the GDI and the new GDI Director who was former commander of the second Tiberian War was now .... Michael McNeil. It was him who brought back the Mammoth Mk. II and other unused units in the third Tiberian War back into commission. The conclusion of the third Tiberium War STARTS NOW!

So far in the C&C3 mapping and modding community:
No one has attempted to make 32 SP missions in a mission pack which will overcome Warcraft III expansion, The Frozen Throne, of 29 missions.
No one has attempted to make an unofficial expansion pack for C&C3, except for this one. Some other mods for C&C3 aren't great titles and they usually don't have mission maps with them.

This unofficial expansion will become a KW enhancement mod with custom terrain textures, subtitles, custom FX shader, modified INI files, and modified KW maps can all be put into this KW mod because they are possible to do. With all the terrain textures grabbed from RA3/Uprising and Generals/Zero Hour and integrated them with C&C3/KW, I decided to make some mission maps with those combined terrain textures. The question remains is custom music (if I hope that's not impossible to do), in which I am so tired to hear those boring music in KW except for listenings of Act On Instinct 3 and Mechanical Mind.

When this expansion is released, this mod will be like a similar but ordinary Zero Hour mod: all you have to do is to put the mod files into the KW directory and replace them. Only one mod can be played at a time. However, KW replays for vanilla KW cannot be played correctly into this mod.

So here are the following changes being proposed into this expansion:

● Will contain 35 campaign missions (10 Scrin, 10 GDI, 0 Nod, 5 Renegade for ACT1;; 4 GDI, 3 Scrin and 3 Renegade for ACT2), 20 KW Commander's Challenge missions and 20 C&C3 Commander's Challenge for Tiberium Essence. All of these maps will have FPS amount limit at 60.

● All KW maps will have better zooming and their FPS limit increased to 60 from 30.

● Will include custom terrain.big with 1019 textures.

● Will have several new custom factions such as the Trio Alliance and the Epic Alliance.

● Will have KW subtitles for FMVs (permission granted by Kodaemon)

● Will have custom FX shader. (permission granted by Lauren, aka Ju-Jin)

● Will have custom music if possible, if not impossible.

TW Aftermath Proposed Missions

GDI, Scrin ACT1 and 2 missions will be announced soon as well as the other 20 C&C3 Commander's Challenge missions for TE.

20 KW Commander’s Challenge missions
M01 - Soldier Play (Nod)
M02 - Tactical Measure (GDI)
M03 - Damned Nations (ST, Zocom)
M04 - Don't Get Confessed and Enlightened (BH, MOK)
M05 - The Ultimate Shadow Rush (Nod, MOK)
M06 - Robotic Steamroller (GDI, ST)
M07 - Get into the Zone (Zocom)
M08 - Let There Be Light (Nod, BH, MOK)
M09 - The Four F's in C&C3 (Scrin, T59)
M10 - Cataclysmic Reaction (Nod, MOK)
M11 - Unlimited Possibilities (Nod, Scrin)
M12 - Tiberium Shivers (R17)
M13 - Quadruple Nukes (BH)
M14 - Epic Battle Confrontation (GDI, ST, Zocom)
M15 - Orca Airstrike (GDI, Zocom)
M16 - Ion Strike (GDI, Scrin)
M17 - No Man's Land (Nod, MOK)
M18 - Who Needs Yuriko Omega? (Scrin, T59)
M19 - The Scrin Empire (Scrin, R17, T59)
M20 - The Great Battle (GDI, Nod, Scrin)

However, there won't be any Nod missions. Don't worry about the familiarized names and phrases of the titled missions that you once knew before. They are subject to change without notice. I will not discuss about the Scrin's uprising until the story and maps are done.

As of right now regarding TWA's progress:
story - 80% done (haven't finish ACT2 story yet)
mission maps - 15% done
commander's challenge - 1% done
scripts - 10% done
new music - TBD (can only work from TW to KW Worldbuilder)

Unlike the mission maps you have played in the C&C3/KW mission map pack, those mission maps will pertain both primary and secondary objectives and even victory and lose conditions using the scripts similarly to how original developers had done. The Scrin victory theme will be changed to Victory_Evil_1 instead of the Nod victory theme.

I am sure most of you don't like me making it because it's hard and challenging to make especially for the modders and mappers out there, but this is the surprise that I make for the unexpected. Despite the latest official survey on a KW sequel and numerous discussion topics about a second expansion of C&C3, you can now forget all about it buying a second sequel of C&C3 because there won't be one except as a mod (or mission pack). Don't expect the full release for this mod after the RA3 expansion anytime soon. I doubt if will be a video for this (cause I never make videos) and the first batch of screenshots are here.

Screenshots:

Commando and Zone Troopers in a red zone area, still needs improvement on the map:
sshot0001.jpg

Commando infiltrating the Marked of Kane underground base; notice the new textures from RA3 Uprising:
sshot0002.jpg

Edited by zocom7

Good luck Mate! Seems like one hell of an epic endeavor!

I was going to put this topic thread in the Future C&C Games section. I never knew it was there. I thought this should have been a surprise.

I am planning to release more info on this later, with KW Mod SDK or no KW Mod SDK.

the Cyborg and Cyborg Reaper will be making a return to the Black Hand faction to join with the Confessor Cabal unit.
MOK ??? not black hand

and better AI maybe

and new 3 sub faction for scrin GDI and Nod (nod and gdi gets big air like scrins PACs and devastator warship)

Edited by Black_Fox

MOK ??? not black hand

and better AI maybe

and new 3 sub faction for scrin GDI and Nod (nod and gdi gets big air like scrins PACs and devastator warship)

I think were purplescrin got confused is that he mistook the "Cabal" in "Confessor Cabal" for a reference to CABAL. For those who are not aware, "cabal" means:

ca·bal [kə bál]

n (plural ca·bals)

1. group of plotters: a group of conspirators or plotters, particularly one formed for political purposes

2. secret plot: a secret plot or conspiracy, especially a political one

3. clique: an exclusive group of people

vi (past ca·balled, past participle ca·balled, present participle ca·bal·ling, 3rd person present singular ca·bals)

conspire as group: to form a group and plot together against somebody or something

[Early 17th century. Via French cabale from medieval Latin cab(b)ala “secret teaching” (see cabala).]

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

In any case, I have quite a few issues with the substance of this mod. Firstly, the plot of "Boyle's Revenge" is, at best, poor. Firstly, if Boyle eas forced to resign, his access codes to the Ion Cannon would no longer be valid. Boyle being mind controlled does not seem to contribute anything to the overall plot. The extra "Alien Control Node" (I believe that purplescrin is referring to a Threshold Tower), the Scrin themselves were quite aware that "Kane's Tower" was the last standing Tower on Earth. As for the actual Relay Node, there was only one of those, which is why the Scrin forces went offline when it was destroyed, instead of simply using "the other Relay Node."

From the C&C3 ending, after the GDI last victory against the second to last Alien Control Node, Nod was holding the last Alien Control Node in order to make communication with the Scrin, possibly for Kane wanting to get the Tacitus and hand it over to the scrin so they can likely ally each other.

Nod and the Scrin were communicating with one another well before Kane captured to the Threshold Tower and the Tacitus. This dialogue consisted mostly of bullets, rockets, napalm, plasma blasts, particle beams, laser beams, and nuclear devices. Whatever plans Kane has involving the Scrin, an alliance is not it.

- the Mammoth Mk. III and the Hover MLRS will be making a return to the Steel Talons faction. Mammoth Mk. II substitutes the MARV and the Hover MLRS substitutes the Slingshot.

I have seen several Mammoth Mk. IIs in SAGE: C&C All Stars, Tiberium Essence, and the trailer for C&C: Reborn. None of them have had turning animations that did not look absolutely horrible.

- more new Scrin units such as the Banshee and a new Scrin unit that I yet to know of yet

Actually, the Banshee was a Nod unit that was, most likely, based off the design of the Stormrider.

Sorry for the late posting on this topic I have been busy. Mmm Tacitus Prophecy sounds good and hand work to be done for one man lol.

My self I have been work on a campaign of my own called the return of the black hand. What I am trying to do basicly is to like do a little story about the black hand be for NOD came back to life. Am still work on the scripts thor and I just done mission 1 but I still got to see how its gose yet so am still testing.

Sorry for the late posting on this topic I have been busy. Mmm Tacitus Prophecy sounds good and hand work to be done for one man lol.

My self I have been work on a campaign of my own called the return of the black hand. What I am trying to do basicly is to like do a little story about the black hand be for NOD came back to life. Am still work on the scripts thor and I just done mission 1 but I still got to see how its gose yet so am still testing.

Good luck on that. :)

Anyways, I will be changing the format for this unofficial expansion. It won't be a mod but a mission pack just like what C&C1 and RA1 expansions did from ex-Westwood Studios.

Edited by purplescrin