BlyTwo 0 Posted November 2, 2008 I am starting on a new RA2 mod (got bored of C&C3, felt like modding RA2 again) I have one question... Where does the except.txt show up? I've never seen before... Share this post Link to post
Doctor Destiny 42 Posted November 2, 2008 It appears in your game directory after an IE occurs. Share this post Link to post
BlyTwo 0 Posted November 3, 2008 (edited) Here is the code for my favorite, strong, and independent Osprey VTOL ;rules.ini ;Osprey Assault VTOL [HIND] Image=ASW UIName=Name:ASW Primary=ASWMissile ElitePrimary=ASWMissileE Strength=700 Category=AirPower JumpJet=yes Armor=light TechLevel=3 Sight=7 RadarInvisible=yes Carryall=yes Landable=yes PipScale=Passengers Passengers=10 Speed=15 PitchSpeed=1.1 JumpjetSpeed=40;params not defined use defaults (old globals way up top) JumpjetClimb=50 JumpjetCrash=60; Climb, but down JumpJetAccel=12 JumpJetTurnRate=12 JumpjetHeight=500 JumpjetWobbles=.01 JumpjetDeviation=1 Owner=Americans,Alliance,French,Germans,British Cost=1000 Points=25 ROT=10 Crewed=yes ConsideredAircraft=yes Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60 Maxdebris=3 VoiceSelect=GenAllVehicleSelect VoiceMove=GenAllVehicleMove VoiceAttack=GenAllVehicleAttackCommand DieSound= CrashingSound=GenVehicleDie ImpactLandSound=GenAircraftCrash ;Locomotor={4A582746-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1};flying Locomotor={92612C46-F71F-11d1-AC9F-006008055BB5};jumpjet MovementZone=Fly DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys AuxSound1=Dummy;Taking off AuxSound2=Dummy;Landing ThreatPosed=0 SpecialThreatValue=1 ;Bombable=no VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SIGHT,FASTER EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF Size=15 SizeLimit=2 HoverAttack=yes ;OmniFire=yes;GEF moved to weapon AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no Crashable=yes SpeedType=Hover PreventAttackMove=yes ;Weapon [ASWMissile] Damage=100 ROF=15 Range=12 Speed=120 Projectile=ASWMissileP Warhead=SAMWH Report=AegisAttack TurboBoost=yes OmniFire=yes ;Elite Weapon [ASWMissileE] Damage=100 ROF=15 Range=12 Speed=120 Projectile=ASWMissileP Report=AegisAttack TurboBoost=yes OmniFire=yes Warhead=ASWWH ;Projectile [ASWMissileP] Image=MEDUSA Arm=1 High=yes Shadow=no AA=yes AN=yes AS=yes ASW=yes CourseLockDuration=15 ROT=20 Scalable=yes SubjectToCliffs=no SubjectToElevation=no SubjectToWalls=no ;Warhead [ASWWH] CellSpread=1.8 PercentAtMax=1 Verses=100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100% InfDeath=5 AnimList=KTSTLEXP ProneDamage=100% Wall=yes Fire=yes Particle=Spark Bright=yes ;art.ini [ASW] Cameo=DESTICON Voxel=yes PrimaryFireFLH=20,32,0 And here is for running the game at 1280x1024 Edited November 4, 2008 by BlyTwo Share this post Link to post
BlyTwo 0 Posted November 3, 2008 (edited) I found the except.txt, it is the same millions of letters that i get when C&C3 crashes, how the **** do i find out what part of the mod broke??? Edited November 3, 2008 by BlyTwo Share this post Link to post
Doctor Destiny 42 Posted November 3, 2008 Know what you're looking at. However, when the game crashes is a good indicator. So, when does it crash? I see a few big problems already anyway, but I'll explain more when I know when the game is bombing. Share this post Link to post
BlyTwo 0 Posted November 4, 2008 (edited) it crashed instantly... (when loaded) I am going to try making no starting units and see what problem it when i try to make one of my modded units <what is wrong with that unit and specs?> PS. I am also going to add a map or two for the mod Edited November 4, 2008 by BlyTwo Share this post Link to post
Doctor Destiny 42 Posted November 4, 2008 AN=yes, AS=yes and ASW=yes are invalid tags. Those have no effect but they don't exist and do nothing. The warhead should not have Particle=Spark; that's invalid anyway, it should be SparkSys; and Bright=yes goes on the weapon. I'd remove CourseLockDuration from the projectile since it's mainly used on ground to air projectiles and not air to ground. However, that won't cause an error. I'd fix the warhead first. That's likely where your error is. Share this post Link to post
Nmenth 291 Posted November 4, 2008 Might as well slow down your Speed=120's while you're at it. Share this post Link to post
BlyTwo 0 Posted November 4, 2008 (edited) 1)AN = Anti-Naval AS = Anti-Submarine ASW = Anti-Submarine-Warfare Projectile They only aren't there because all of the normal projectiles are the same, and what isn't seen is defaulted by the game, so they do nothing, oh well, need to tell Koen that Tibed has some extra things in it (I usually go over the text itself with the manual editor, Tibed just helps me keep organized) 2) Spark is a particle (warhead), not particle system (weapon) 3)It is supposed to be just like the Aegis Cruiser's Medusa Missiles (move interestingly, rather than boring path) Medusa Missiles are speed 120 {copied from Medusa} (i think it is a special type of speed speed, C&C3 had stupid things like that sometimes too) Usually, when the warhead is messed, it crashes just before the warhead is put to use Edited November 4, 2008 by BlyTwo Share this post Link to post
Doctor Destiny 42 Posted November 4, 2008 http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Particle Particle= requires a ParticleSystem. Might as well slow down your Speed=120's while you're at it. Speed=120 is a valid value. 1)AN = Anti-Naval AS = Anti-Submarine ASW = Anti-Submarine-Warfare Projectile They only aren't there because all of the normal projectiles are the same, and what isn't seen is defaulted by the game, so they do nothing, oh well, need to tell Koen that Tibed has some extra things in it (I usually go over the text itself with the manual editor, Tibed just helps me keep organized) Not entirely. Those tags do not exist, anywhere. Share this post Link to post
BlyTwo 0 Posted November 4, 2008 game works fine... was something i did with GI and Conscript (it is cool when fix my mods, usually i have to start over because i simply can't figure it out...) the nuke is gonna look really cool too Share this post Link to post
Doctor Destiny 42 Posted November 4, 2008 Did I mention that the game requires a starting infantry for each side? Share this post Link to post
Doctor Destiny 42 Posted November 5, 2008 You'll run into a lot of quirky errors while modding. Like AI weirdness, crashes that are wtf-worthy, things going pear shaped for no real reason, among other things. Take the bad with a grain of salt and try to have fun. Diagnosing errors is actually pretty easy now... not like in 2004 when we had to consult tea leaves... Share this post Link to post
Nmenth 291 Posted November 5, 2008 Diagnosing errors is actually pretty easy now... not like in 2004 when we had to consult tea leaves... Tea leaves would be more fun, I remember it more like throwing random script at it hoping it would get satisfied and stop whining, then after thirty minutes or so, noticing I misspelled a command. Share this post Link to post
BlyTwo 0 Posted November 6, 2008 (edited) DOES ANYONE know how to add NEW sounds to RA2? Update: -lunary infantry is a cloaked spy (no weapon, sensors) -rocketeer doesn't always stay in air, only flies when moving -Osprey tweaked -tesla tank shoots 2 bolts, one from each mini-coil -shock troopers become beam soldiers Edited November 7, 2008 by BlyTwo Share this post Link to post
BlyTwo 0 Posted November 19, 2008 (edited) Whatever..... I will finish it another time... Edited November 19, 2008 by BlyTwo Share this post Link to post