What's the best way to extract all the unit and building icons from KW?

I've looked at serveral websites to just the uploaded images, but they don't have everything, and or inconsistent art style.

(I'm working on a poster for my own amusement.)

You mean these icons?

n_purifier.jpg

Start a skirmish with lots of cash and only you as the play, build everything and snap screen shots of them. Then clip out the icons in an image editing program.

But I would also assume you could extract them from the .big files. No idea from there though sorry.

Hmm sounds like the big files are what I'm looking for. The screenshot capture would likely be too time-consuming and poorer quality images...

But those icons are translucent you can see behind, so i suggest making a map with a good texture as background...

And the portrait images will never get bigger than that anyway... And the quality of the image is the quality of your game's graphics

The only way to get bigger versions of the units is to find renders, or artistic images...

Edited by BlyTwo

For C&C3, the icons you see aren't actually in the game - they were blended together from multiple sources. The colored (red) background and the stripes weren't stored in the same textures as the actual icons. So if you intend to get the same look as in the game, screenshots really are the way to go.

Yep - I understand this image is altered/edited

n_reckoner.jpg

But I would be happy with a consistent group of these icons...

APAmmo.jpg

because I cannot find a complete list anyway - for instance the "call for transport" icon.

Well I posted a thread in the official C&C forums with a download link that has all KW portrait icons.

Here they are:

KW Shell Textures (contains all CNC3/KW portrait icons including target icons and elf warrior icon) now exclusively at:

http://files.filefront.com/KW+Shell+Textur...;/fileinfo.html