Sign in to follow this  
Jesperkaj

RA3 Uprising

hey guys,

I've got a question.

I'm a really big fan of the C&C series and I want to know before I get RA3 Uprising if it is worth to play? Are the Campaign missions awesome and how are the skirmish maps?

Vortex

I've got a question to add to this one, is there any chance yet remaining of Uprising going onto physical disk form?

Yeah I think Uprising is worth what you pay for it. Based on a price versus content comparison. The 3 campaigns, while short, can be challenging. Then you have the special Yuriko campaign which works out really good because its different to the other campaigns. Commanders Challenge adds even more depth. Skirmish maps are basically the same as what you got in RA3.

Overall, Uprising is a good addition to your C&C collection. For what it is, a single player booster pack, it works!

And don't forget the new units either ;)

I've got a question to add to this one, is there any chance yet remaining of Uprising going onto physical disk form?

No chance. Digital download only. Even of one day EA make a pack that has both RA3 and Uprising in one box, it would probably just include a code download Uprising.

It's definitely worth it. Initially I was skeptical because its a single player game and short soviet allies empire missions. However, the long 50 missions from Commander's Challenge and the all new Yuriko campaign made up for it. There are some tweaks in the skirmish mode. Most of the new units seemed impressive and a little OP, but its definitely worth it.

And I doubt at this point of time EA will make a physical version of the game.

No chance. Digital download only. Even of one day EA make a pack that has both RA3 and Uprising in one box, it would probably just include a code download Uprising.

Well then I guess I'll have to buy it by download, but I won't be happy about it. I'll have to send some nightmares into the dreams of the EALA teams. :angry:

Perhaps the RA3 combo package will probably a pair of small cards (or 1?) which contain 2 codes, one for RA3, one for UR.

Yeah its not bad. The campagins are rather short and are kinda dull. I think the Allies and Empire got the short end of hte stick, at least hte Soviets was mildly interesting.

Commander Challenge is alright, so that kinda makes up for the lacking campagin. The skirmish maps are OK, there are some good ones in hte mix. I'm just annoyed they didn't add in the commander mode they had with RA3. Seems kinda lazy of them to just go back to the generic AI's and such.

Thanks for your reactions.

I saw a new Imperial unit named the Giga-Fortress. Does the Empire have an advantage in air and naval units?

Well the Giga Fortress is epic in head mode, and versatile in sea mode. Epicly powerful, yet requires a lot of time to tech up, build the thing and the thing itself is quite expensive as well. It's still very cost effective though.

And for naval superiority, japan has always dominated there ;)

Oh, and just buy it. It's awesome, challenging and includes a lot of gameplay hours. If you like RTS singe player, this is definitely the best option. Oh, and it's damn cheap too :P

Thanks for your reactions.

I saw a new Imperial unit named the Giga-Fortress. Does the Empire have an advantage in air and naval units?

This time round, yes. Archer Maidens are anti-troop/air units and the best deal is the Giga Fortress (Anti-ground/sea in head mode OR anti-EVERYTHING in fortress mode but limited to move in seas).

Still can't choose Harbinger or Giga Fortress. Both are awesome.

Main thing about uprising the the Commander's Challenge

Not just a basic battle, different situation, different strategy :D

The fun part is that you unlock tech along the way, I like seeing how i have less grey boxes in the arsenal page