Sign in to follow this  
Gben

Revision 7 out now!

Hey everyone,

If you are on this e-mail then that means you are in the Command & Conquer 4 Beta Test right now. If for any reason you have been unable to install or activate your account, feel free to reply to me. Please only reply if you have a technical problem.

Please remember, the Beta Test is currently private which means you must keep your existence in it confidential. NO screenshots, video are permitted at this time. Please adhere to this rule. We want your feedback, we need your feedback, your participation is critical to the game.

I'm informing you that we just updated the Beta with patch Rev 7 and this one dramatically changes the game from anything you experienced at CommandCOM or in the previous weeks as a Beta Tester. The multiplayer is quite seriously a night and day difference with our new Tiberium Crystal harvesting mechanic, Tier 3 units, new upgrades, more CP, and a ton of unit and balance lethality updates, not to mention the ability to Custom Match, a new map, amongst many other changes. We had 8 balance testers here last week to test and smooth out these new mechanics and we think you guys will enjoy it.

GET ONLINE AND PLAY REV 7, it's a brand new game online with teamwork depth and deep gameplay strategies.

Rev 7 Patch Notes

http://forums.commandandconquer.com/jforum...list/24014.page

Rev 7 Design Update from Jeremy Feasel

http://forums.commandandconquer.com/jforum...list/24113.page

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!

-APOC

via Email a few minutes ago... I will definitely try this out over the weekend.

EDIT:

:(

... no masterdons.

Gave it a whirl before by my self, as no one else was online.

Looks funky.

I'll have to get the beta reinstalled first before I get the update.

I snuck a look at the custom lobby.. if I read it correct... there were 7 people online.

:huh:

The Tiberium Crystal harvesting methods seems to miss something....

needs a drop off point - not just the whole safe zone.

But I think APOC's twitter post is misleading. It may spice up the gameplay and allow some sort of harrassment game mechanics, it certainly makes the upgrade options better, but it certainly doesn't replace the "harvesting tiberium economy" model.

Apparently there are on some maps, obviously not the ones we have, that have special nodes that you can drop tib off at.

Oh ok - of course I was just use the only map in sandbox mode...

Played about 5 games now with the patch, one was a 4v4. Game is pretty awesome... The support class is really nasty. :P

This game is a lot better than rev 6 was. Directional armour, lethality tweaks, upgrades that cost, its all good. ^_^

Just now played around with sandbox mode, then a real 3v3 match, I really enjoy this gameplay. This rev 7 is so much more fun, especially stealing the tier 3 mastodons and mammoths when playing as defesive Nod. It is awesome. Overall I favor this rev 7 mode! :)

Just played a very nice 5v5 match. Was great. ^_^

I can understand the pop caps now, even with them in place, it was still an EPIC CLUSTER ****. ^_^

Did I miss something.... where are the Mastodons?

I thought I looked everywhere in GDI...

GDI offensive class. When in the unit selection screen, hit "page down", that will scroll you down the list. Masterdons are good against most things, especially buildings, but leave husks behind.

The Nod avatars, look really stupid. :P

Hmm... patch fails to load...

All I wanted to do was see how pop caps looked post-patch and check out the tiberium...

Oh well, guess I'll try later then.

The interface is hard to look at, I can live with bottom bar but the icons aren't clear enough.

I wish they bring back the sidebar, other than that I'm very happy with Rev 7. Just now tried two matches with some folks, nice.

Still can't get the patch to load... :mad:

The last patch worked fine with no difficulties. Is there an alternate path to acquire the patch? If there's one in the official forums, I can't get there either.

According to the offical forums, you need to run as an admin to install it properly. If that fails, a standalone installer should be coming soon.

Are you sure you are using the right u:p to login to the forums Nmenth? It should work.

GDI offensive class. When in the unit selection screen, hit "page down", that will scroll you down the list.

The interface is hard to look at, I can live with bottom bar but the icons aren't clear enough.

When I got to the bottom of the list and saw no masterdon, scrolling down was my next thought, but there didn't seem to be anything obvious to me. But maybe I'm a victim of the faulty interface...

Or I could just be an idiot!

:)

EDIT: Harvesting Mechanic

I played a live game yesterday and I noticed that I was getting points from the team harvesting tiberium. Does anyone know if the points are being pooled and shared between all team members or everybody on the team gets a single point?

Does it mean that literally one player can be assigned to harvest for the entire team?

According to the offical forums, you need to run as an admin to install it properly.

Well that did it, but I didn't have to do anything like that last patch to get it to load...

Are you sure you are using the right u:p to login to the forums Nmenth? It should work.

Nooo... I've been spending the last month entering the wrong details consistently every time I attempt to log in to the forums and yet get it right when I play the beta. :rolleyes:

Yeah it should work, but that doesn't mean it does. I told APOC about it, but if he's done anything on his end, it hasn't helped.

When I got to the bottom of the list and saw no masterdon, scrolling down was my next thought, but there didn't seem to be anything obvious to me. But maybe I'm a victim of the faulty interface...

Or I could just be an idiot!

You can't scroll, you have to push the 'Page Down' key. If you have more than one Page Down key, try them all until one works.

Woot - time to sandbox and have a look on my low-end machine...

If you are in sandbox mode u aren't able to upgrade to tier 2 and stuff right?

Edit: Sorry for my ignorance, I wasn't aware of Tiberium crystals will boost points if u bring one to your starting deploy zones. Thanks Luk3us for enlightening me.

Just played some matches and with some folks, pretty interesting crazy match! Mastodons and all the high tier stuff clashing in the battlefield. Madness!

Edited by Malevolence

Best units + crawler combo: 1 GDI Offensive Crawler Tier 3 + 10 Mastodons (fully maxed out pop cap at 90/90) Period.

Wish I can share my screenshot, but I guess its not safe to upload anywhere.

Mammoths > Mastodons, as mammoths are more useful against units, whilst Mastodons are better at killing structures. And I tend to stay away from stupid defensive players, or just pwn their crawler. ^_^

Or try 1 GDI Offensive Crawler Tier 3 + 5 Mammoths + 5 Mastodons (not sure will bust the pop cap, please verify if somebody's free)