buying this computer i need you guys feed back

hi guys im buying this computer for next year

only thing takes me out is it upgrading the cpu

i5 2.66Ghz that cpu im geting 1st then upgrade a higher i5 for later

the computer i got now is

psu 350W

P4 3.00Ghz

1.5Gb ram

ATI 3650HD (i know this is too powerful to PSU so dont ask why its runing)

this computer im buying

-CPU: Intel i5-750, 2.66Ghz*4 Quad Core with 8MB Cache, socket 1156.

-Motherboard: GIGABYTE P55-UD3 Intel P55 Chipset Socket 1156 Support Core , 4x DDR3-2000 Max 16GB , 1 x PCI-E x16 ,GBLan , 8 x SATAII , Dual Bios

-RAM: 4GB DDR3-1333

-HDD: 1.5TB (1500GB) SATA2 HDD

-Graphics Card: ATI HD4870 with 1GB GDDR5 ram

-Optical Drive: 24x DVD-RW, Dual Layer supported

-CoolerMaster HAF 922 Mid-Tower Case + 500W PSU

oh yes will have windows 7 (64 bit i hope) on this computer

no LCD or CRT (i get this later)

$1,700 in NZD

Edited by Black_Fox

this computer im buying

-CPU: Intel i5-750, 2.66Ghz*4 Quad Core with 8MB Cache, socket 1156.

-Motherboard: GIGABYTE P55-UD3 Intel P55 Chipset Socket 1156 Support Core , 4x DDR3-2000 Max 16GB , 1 x PCI-E x16 ,GBLan , 8 x SATAII , Dual Bios

-Optical Drive: 24x DVD-RW, Dual Layer supported

-CoolerMaster HAF 922 Mid-Tower Case + 500W PSU

oh yes will have windows 7 (64 bit i hope) on this computer

no LCD or CRT (i get this later)

$1,700 in NZD

Maybe you need to specify what type of rams are these exactly?

Maybe 2 640GB Western Digital caviar Black. One for OS, the other for backup or storage. Or RAID 1.

Why not ATI HD 5850?

I suggest multiple hard drives instead of one large one. If you horde your data on one and it dies where its physically damaged, you lose everything. At least with multiple drives, you can store your data elsewhere. In any case, a redundant backup is always a good idea. If you're really hardcore like I am, you could use an SSD as your primary and use standard HDDs for data storage.

If you have 64-bit Windows, 6GB of RAM won't hurt you any.

cool i got 80 GB im useing at moment its SATA that the other HDD then later im geting backup HDD 500 GB

or

get (2) 500 GBs? or (2) 640GB?

oh thx guys for the tips (i know was good idea get window7pro 64-bit)

ram type is 2GB(total of 4GB) Apacer DDR3-1333 good or bad?

also the windows 7 cost more on this all ready have Xp pro loaded but its upgrade to windows 7 pro and it cost $270 NZD more

last thing about the its all ready build up computer (I can ask for downgrade or upgrade) this computer i'm buying.

I suggest multiple hard drives instead of one large one. If you horde your data on one and it dies where its physically damaged, you lose everything. At least with multiple drives, you can store your data elsewhere. In any case, a redundant backup is always a good idea. If you're really hardcore like I am, you could use an SSD as your primary and use standard HDDs for data storage.

If you have 64-bit Windows, 6GB of RAM won't hurt you any.

that is true my mum have 20GB 2nd hand HDD and it died

keep the feed backs coming

total $1700 without window7 with Xp 32-bit (this was how much it was)

total $1820 with windows 7 64-bit but a downgrade 3D card is NVIDIA 9400GT

(i'm more likely getting this one)

total of $1970 with window7 64-bit (this a maybe)

Edited by Black_Fox

Never even heard of Apacer. I would suggest getting something from a reputable RAM manufacturer like OCZ, GSkill, Kingston or even Corsair.

Need more manufacturer names. Like, for example, the maker of that 500W PSU that comes with the case, and the graphics card.

here new one

Specifications

CPU

INTEL CORE i5 750 Quad Core 2.66GHZ LGA1156 8MB L3 Cache

Operating System

Window7 64 bit (dont know how much yet) (i will find out soon)

Memory

4GB Dual Channel kit (2GBx2) DDR3-1333 (PC-10600) CL9-9-9-24 (Corsair)

Motherboard

Gigabyte P55-UD3 Intel P55 ATX Motherboard Supporting CrossFire

Hard Drive

1TB 7200rpm SATA2 HDD (will ask them if they can replace with 2 500GB) (i will find out soon)

Graphics

ATI Radeon HD 4770 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI-E 2.0 x16 40nm DX10.1 Ready!!(i know this not very big it will have do for now)

Audio

High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio

Optical Drive

24X SATA Dual Layer DVD-RW Drive

Network

Integrated 10/100/1000 GB Network

Power Supply

Vantec ION 2 620W ATX12V Dual Rail Power Supply w/ 135mm Fan

Case

Thermaltake Element G Mid Tower Gaming Case

Front Connection

1x Audio, 1x Mic, 4xUSB2.0

Back Connection

10xUSB 2.0, 7.1 AUDIO/MIC, 2xSPDIF, 1xRJ45, 2xPS/2, 2xDVI-D

Dimension

480.0 x 230.0 x 521.0 mm

Estimate Assembly Time

3 ~ 5 Working Days

Warranty

1 Year Return to Base Warranty

total $1550

http://www.pp.co.nz/products.php?pp_id=COM00319 link to the pc

Edited by Black_Fox

Sounds decent and excellent setup. I'm not sure of the graphics card though, espeically when ATI released the next generation of DirectX-11 capable HD5XXX cards. Maybe a 57XX or a 5850 would be better for futureproofing and gaming. The 4XXX series are obsolete.

Saying the HD4000 series is obsolete is like saying my 9600GT is obsolete. That's a lie. Stop spreading ridiculous lies before I warn you because I can.

Saying the HD4000 series is obsolete is like saying my 9600GT is obsolete. That's a lie. Stop spreading ridiculous lies before I warn you because I can.

First of all, this is not a lie. This is a sad, but honest truth. Look at the graphics card industry, cards come and go almost practically almost every six months. Not long ago I still remember the days people going around flashing their Nvidia 8800GTS around and saying its the best graphics card in the world, it wasn't long enough before these cards were replaced by a higher performances 9xxx series Nvidia cards, and now look, even my GTX 2xx series card are going to be obsolete and replaced by the upcoming GT3xx series "Fermi" Nvidia cards. What keeps these fast changes are the strong competition between Nvidia and ATI. No offense it's a good thing, and such rapid progress is very common in these graphics card industry. Of course when I say its obsolete does NOT mean that I'm slamming at you stating that all your cards (ATI HD4xxx series and below, Nvidia GTX 2xx series and below) are useless and deemed junk. I did NOT say that. You can use them for all I care. As a matter of fact, I will NOT be upgrading my GPU until I see a strong need to (possibly when I realized that when it could no longer support future graphic intensive games in the near future). I am using GTX 260 now, and I know its gonna be obsolete soon, I just know it, but I am not condemning it it and yelling "oh it's the end of the world it's over!!!" Nvidia 9600GT is still usable at this point of time, but when newer and more graphic intensive software and games are out in the near future, I have a feeling that both you and me will be forced one way or another to upgrade the GPU. That's technology. Things get replaced and upgraded that fast.

Since Black_Fox is getting a new setup, and a brand new GPU, might as well get a HD5xxx series now instead of a HD4xxx now, since he'll be gaming anyways. Of course if its budget constrain by all means stick to an older setup, as long as you are happy with it, well go ahead, no regrets and no looking back at your purchases.

So please, warn me 100% and ban me, lock IP address and everything for all I care, just over the fact that I "spread ridiculous lies"!

Have a nice day. -_-

Not everyone wants, or need for that matter, to spend hundreds of dollars on a video device that, as you say, "is replaced every six months." If that's the case, save some green and play on medium for a long time to come. I ran a 7900GS for well over two years before I replaced it early this year... now my brother uses the same card and runs everything he plays like a king. Old hardware DOES NOT go 'obsolete' as quickly as you want to think. They do tend to last a lot longer than you'll give them credit for.

Seriously, get your head out of your ass and think for a change.

[EDIT] You should consider actually looking at a definition for obsolete.

Play nice children :naughty:

Basically when buying parts for a new build there is rule to stick to. Buy the latest and greatest parts that fit within your budget. But then even that rule is flexible.

Video card market is a ****ing joke anyway. Overpriced and to many different cards. DX11 cards coming out but hardly any games support it.

By the time DX11 will come into use, DX11 cards will have been on the market for a while and they won't be a big deal. Male should have used 'out of date' instead of 'obsolete'. For any game I currently play, my GeForce 9600 GT does fine. And the Radeon HD4000 series is ahead of the 9600GT by a bit too... I used to remember when Crysis was about to come out and that was THE game to upgrade your stuff for. Well.. now there isn't a new game like Crysis that people say upgrade your stuff for. So a Radeon HD4000 series should be fine if you want to save money and upgrade later.