Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Heresy's Reward - Mission Help

Haven't played the GDI campaign yet myself. But now I'm stuck on the mission where I have to defeat Gideon's Crawler and he keeps setting those explosive things that I have to disarm with Engineers. Anyone got any tips? Because its pissing me off.

Haven't played the GDI campaign yet myself. But now I'm stuck on the mission where I have to defeat Gideon's Crawler and he keeps setting those explosive things that I have to disarm with Engineers. Anyone got any tips? Because its pissing me off.

This is where you have to be fast Sonic.

One thing to bear in mind,

Rule 1: you can NEVER destroy his crawler.

Rule 2: you can NEVER destroy his crawler.

Rule 3: All crawlers regenerates slowly. Warning, bear that in mind if you leave Gideon's pimped-up Crawler, his crawler will return back to full health. On the flipside, since it regenerates slowly, meaning the more you hit his crawler, and the regeneration is still the same, eventually you will damage his crawler bit by bit progressively.

Rule 4: Gideon will send repair units to aid his Crawler regeneration. Stop that first, or the vicious cycle will drag on and on and on...

Whenever Gideon's pimped-up crawler does that explosive things and whenever you go disarm it, make sure you pound as hard as you can. Then he goes subterranean and appears elsewhere. Repeat until it the crawler hits a particular low health point where Gideon will raise the white flag and cease the nonsense.

What class should I use for this mission. I tend to use Offensive class the most.

Offensive class is the way to go. Also, try having all of those self destruct thingies captured and having 2-3 units near about 3 spawn points. Also, don't ever shoot at anything but the crawler (with the exception of the repair guys). Otherwise, the crawler will heal again and you start all over again.

Just keep going, you'll kill him eventually ;)

I though the GDI one overall was hardest.

I had to grind about 4 matches for GDI just so I could move ahead in the SP missions.

Really? I did one GDI skirmish and finished the campaign thinking it was a little too easy :x The Nod one however, is a whole different story....

Edited by Inferno

What class should I use for this mission. I tend to use Offensive class the most.

I see what is required for such a mission.

I chose Support Class.

Why?

Speed is essential for completion of the mission.

Reasons:

1) Flying Crawler!

Support Crawler is the fastest to reach from point A to point B, given that the situation that Gideon's pimped-up Crawler tends to go subterranean and disappear from one location to another location all the time.

2) Airborne units are faster than Land-based units.

Once again, the issue of speed, plus another element to bear in mind, the terrain.

Naturally, airborne is faster, need I explain more?

3) Never See It Comin

Vertigo armada is effective to screw up Gideon's pimped-up Crawler, since Vertigos are excellent Crawler killers.

4) Ground Up

Cobras are useful to wiped out unwanted healing units that sustain Gideon's pimped-up Crawler.

5) Support Powers

The great use of a variety of these support powers can help you in screwing Gideon and his pimped-up Crawler easily. Maybe Demoralize? Maybe Subterranean Strike? Maybe Vein Detonation?

I started off as offense and destroyed the enemy offense crawler to disable Gideon's lasers. Then I switched to support for the reasons Mal mentioned and so I could follow Gideon. Destroy the defenses and other interfering crawlers with offensive units, and follow Gideon with a swarm of air units. Eventually he will pop back up next to your offensive units and that will be endgame.

That mission was easy, and buggy.

I went offence for the first part moving up the west of the map, smashing the barricade and freeing the noobs who were stuck. Moved towards the centre with my units and killed the support crawler there.

Then sold my crawler and traded in for a Defence Crawler. Moved back up the west side of the map, freed some more noobs, and then set up shop beside that node thing. Positioned myself so there was only one way for the Engi to get in. Also easiest way to kill the engi.

Because I sure as heck ain't chasing that loser all over the map. He can come to me. ^_^

sshot0001.jpg

After a few minute Gideon turns up, and you kill his engi before it gets the node. But if it does it doesn't matter, you just recap it yourself. After a while he'll come back and you fight it out. Game is over in less than 10 minutes. Yaa. :)

Oh and if you are lucky, the game will bug out when there are too many strucures and units around and he won't unpack. :P haha

sshot0004.jpg

You weren't supposed to capture all self-destruct structures? :o

You weren't supposed to capture all self-destruct structures? :o

Na just don't let him capture them all

Exactly. :)

Yeah I ended up with a variation of Luk3us end-game stratagey... own an node... and do enough damage at one spot to force the missions to progress.

But I worked that out the hard way, after chasing my tail around the various spots. Twas annoying.

Exactly. :)

I did all this work for nothing ;_;