Sign in to follow this  
AntClifford

A Question

Howdy.

I've knocked about this site for a number of years, but never really had anything worthwhile to chip in until now.

I've played all the C&Cs (got the first for my fifth birthday in '95), and am a major fan of the Tiberian series (not so much Red Alert).

Currently in the process of completing C&C 4, and I was wondering:

When EA said 'this is the end', did they mean of the Tiberian Saga or of the Kane Saga? I've read both in different places, and am somewhat confused.

If that's it for Kane, then happy days, it's a logical story progression, but if it's the end of the Tiberian universe, then why? There's so much more that could be done with it.

If someone could clear this up for me, it would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forums Ant, but really you should finish the game first!

It won't take long! ;)

But I believe, in several of the recent Sam Bass interviews, you will discover it was Sam's decision to end the arc of Kane. He didn't feel it was right to trot him out for every title. And because Kane needs tiberium to complete his escape plans, in essence the arc of Tiberium is also concluded. So both are effectively gone, and new C&C titles should they appear are simply GDI v Nod, or the combined earth v Scrin etc...

But it should be noted that Kane "ascends" and can come back at any time, for any reason.

That the Tiberium is not gone, but better controlled through the TCN networks. I'm inferring that it remains, but can be controlled better than any sonic approach in the past.

So that's my interpretation, I'm open to alternative opinions though.

Technically they said it's the end of the Kane arc, and that the Tiberium universe could still show up in future games if they every make any more games.

See gben's spoilers for more detail.

You should also realise that EA are bipolar and have a tendency to ignore previous games. So I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Kane in C&C5. :o

Stupid EA. :P

Hopefully it won't be the end of the Tiberian Universe.

There's still the massive unanswered question of the Scrin - are they coming back with a proper invasion force?

The future of the Tiberian saga could be a battle between GDI (or a future incarnation of it) and the Scrin.

If the Scrin keep seeding other planets with Tiberium like they did Earth, GDI could be the force that tries to stop them.

The beginnings are already there - GDI have access to the Scrin's (now functioning) tower, and they also have those massive space-transport things.

Kane could appear later on, explaining who he is and his history.

I'm rambling, but you get the drift - it would be a massive shame to can it here.

Of course this is not the end. How could it be? It will be awhile though so be patient :)

Hi Luk3us (where is the damn wub emoticon? You got a million of 'em and no wub?)

Edit: WUB! wub.gif

Edited by methuselah

Sup Meth, long time no see! Yes the lack of wub is depressing, but I'll give you a crazy guy instead. :crazyguy:

Also? This man has time to be the resident post-whore on another site?

Beg Pardon? Me?

Neggers, Cheggers.

It was only 8,000 posts (15,000 if you count spam posts) or so over a couple of years. But I lost interest in C&C multiplayer so my interest waned. If I'd of stayed on GR staff though, who knows. Being staff was awesome. ^_^