How did TS know when to change the Amphibious APC's voxel into its water version? I don't see anything in its codes and I can't seem to get the transformation to occur when I replicate it in my YR tests. Does this logic no longer exist in YR?

Well that sucks...

You waste your breath, DD... or typing fingers as the case may be... I will never bend to your temptations. :snooty:

You can only perform so many workarounds and there are plenty of issues that are impossible to get around. I don't see what the fuss really is. It doesn't modify your EXE. It's just a DLL that you inject at runtime. Not really a big deal for the pay off.

You can only perform so many workarounds and there are plenty of issues that are impossible to get around.

Therein is the challenge.

You seem to still be misunderstanding why I mod... I find modding to be fun, I don't mod for the community, I don't mod for my friend that plays them, I mod for me because I enjoy it. Hacking the hard coding (in my opinion) goes beyond modding and ruins the fun.

It's like cheating in a game, yes it's easier, yes it gives you more advantages, but it destroys the reason for it. Some people like cheating with Ares, I don't.

Cheating is a trainer. Ares is extending the game, making the impossible possible and fixing bugs. Ares will, in fact, be less crashy than vanilla YR.

I said it's like cheating, not it is cheating. It's a simile.

But it's not "like" cheating either. It's just an extension to what exists already. Say Ares is like cheating is basically saying a mod is cheating too. You're modifying the code and 'extending' what exists already.

I'm not talking about the game, I'm talking about modding...

If

modding = the game

then,

Ares = cheating

You are cheating at modding by hacking the hard coding. The game itself is irrelevant in this context.

If you still don't understand my point, never mind... I'm not using RockPatch, NPatch, Ares, or any possible next generation either.

Unless you have no reason to use them, I would agree but the amount of things you can do with them is fairly impressive. Quite easy to make a full featured product with something new, which many SDKs do allow. I know the Source SDK and UDK allow game engine extensions. I don't see why it should be limited to a few FPS engines.

Besides, the game is the hardcoding. Just modding doesn't automatically eliminate the EXE. A random assortment of files in a few mix files isn't very useful without the base that actually uses them.

So basically, your point makes no sense.

Never mind it, you mod your way, and I'll mod my way.

I know this is little old not but still within this year lol I see where Nmenth is coming from, he wants to get more out of mods without the easy door thats been giving to him or others there are files the game loads and moding this way is harder but it is more rewarding knowing you have done that, if you can simple get a dll that hacks in to the exe at runtime and puts your exploted code in then well its just like how the trainers work really part from one edits the games mem and one interenets the code in to the game its self.

It makes sense to me but when do dev's with 2 diff ways of doing the same thing see eye to eye lol

Unfortunately, I've consented to using Ares since this topic died. My aspirations were simply too high for me to not use it.

Unfortunately, I've consented to using Ares since this topic died. My aspirations were simply too high for me to not use it.

What ways could this be useful maybe for my mod I am working on now ? do you think I could scrap looking for away to right to the CSF file with the interjection this DLL offers?