Sign in to follow this  
Nmenth

EMEffect

Does EMEffect do anything in Yuri's Revenge? All I've gotten are IEs... :)

Ares re-enables this logic though.

Yes... I know...

While I still think modding without that thing is more fun, I'm starting to think my mod cannot succeed without it.

I will have to take some time to consider whether I will finally give in and use it...

I downloaded Ares and am not totally against using it if I have to, but I would rather not use it at all if there is any possible alternative.

So is there any way to simulate the EMEffect? All I want is a weapon that disables vehicles and buildings as long as it continues shooting them, but if it changes targets, the disabled object will become operational immediately or almost immediately.

That's easily faked with a 0-damage Temporal weapon. Bear in mind that any warhead with Temporal=yes cannot have spread damage.

But can a 0 damage temporal weapon still permit other units to attack the same target? That's kind of another requirement...

That's what I thought, and that's a problem.

Then you need Ares or, at least, NPatch. I recommend Ares though since it's a DLL and not a hard EXE modification.

Like I said, I have Ares, I'm just still hesitant to use it. Anyone that played my mod would need Ares too then, yes?