Sign in to follow this  
prism

What to do with a Sovjet Apocalypse/V3 launch-rush?

I get always get rushed by the sovjets when I play the Allieds. Every time they use apocalypses with V3 launchers and blow my base very quick... So how can I beat some kind of rush?

Rush yourself ;) Grizzlies, Lashers and similar stuff can be spammed very quickly, unlike Apocs which are very expensive.

And don't necropost. I see what you did on your last post

:P

Rush yourself ;) Grizzlies, Lashers and similar stuff can be spammed very quickly, unlike Apocs which are very expensive.

And don't necropost. I see what you did on your last post

:P

Expensive? With the RA2YR2 1.001 version they cost ca.1300 dollar. Within 10 minutes they can build the apocalypse tanks and with a lot of factories they can build them also very quick....Grizzles and lasertanks are good against a base but they suck against a group of apocalypses...Is there not another way to crush them?

With the RA2YR2 1.001 version they cost ca.1300 dollar.

Only with an Industrial Plant built, it's $1312. Otherwise, it's $1750

Lot of factories... is this a mod of some sort????

Only with an Industrial Plant built, it's $1312. Otherwise, it's $1750

Lot of factories... is this a mod of some sort????

No I mean War factories. When building at least 5/6 the productionspeed of a unit increase a lot. So when they have enough war factories, the buildingspeed is quick enough for building in a relative short time a lote of Apocalyps tanks. Is a BF with some guardian GIs maybe a option?

No I mean War factories. When building at least 5/6 the productionspeed of a unit increase a lot. So when they have enough war factories, the buildingspeed is quick enough for building in a relative short time a lote of Apocalyps tanks. Is a BF with some guardian GIs maybe a option?

That's what I meant. Seems you have a mod, since the regular Brutal AI never has more than one War Factory.

Anywho, a single BF can't beat them. Spam low-tech tanks early (don't waste money on Battle Labs and stuff until you get at least 10-15 Grizzlies/Rhinos/Lashers to counter your enemy).

That's what I meant. Seems you have a mod, since the regular Brutal AI never has more than one War Factory.

Anywho, a single BF can't beat them. Spam low-tech tanks early (don't waste money on Battle Labs and stuff until you get at least 10-15 Grizzlies/Rhinos/Lashers to counter your enemy).

No I play RA2YR a lot against other human players over the LAN. So normally we agree to not attack (rush) in the beginning of the game...So around a half hour a big ammount of Apocalypsetanks are rushing into my base...What's than the best defense against such an attack?

Then you need to develop faster. 10-12 Prism Tanks come to mind...

Decrease your no-rush time limit. A half hour is way too long.

Battle Fortresses with five Guardian GIs each and a few Prism Tanks for longer-range support will probably be pretty effective.

You might try a lot of infantry. Both Apocalypse Tanks (unless fully promoted) and V3s are pretty bad against infantry. Put up a few uncrushable deployed Guardian GIs as a distraction to pound away on the Tanks, then run your GIs right at the V3s. A few random Chrono Legionnaires would make things annoying for him too if you shift them into the mass of troops where they can't easily be targeted. People often underestimate the potential of a mass infantry swarm, but if your adversary is able to counter it anyway, you're no worse off than you are now.

Within ten minutes? I can have an Apoc rolling out by the seventh minute of a game. Point being, if you're Allies, don't let the Soviets even get that far. You have planes, use them. Attack their War Miners. Use Nighthawks as an early distraction. Besides, if you have ten minutes, you should have four to six Mirage Tanks by then, if not more.

If you lose by waiting, well, you deserve to lose.

Spam low-tech tanks early (don't waste money on Battle Labs and stuff until you get at least 10-15 Grizzlies/Rhinos/Lashers to counter your enemy).

Not a viable tactic. As the Allies, you need Mirage Tanks. They rip everything else to shreds, including Apocalypse Tanks. And Apoc Tanks aren't cost effective enough to use vs the Rhino Tank. As Soviets, specifically Iraq, you hardly need a Battle Lab, unless you want a Kirov to throw things into a fervor. Seriously, one Kirov announcement and people go ape****. That all changes in YR though since you absolutely need the IC to win against Yuri.

[EDIT] If you're really that worried about Apocalypse Tanks, pick Germany and mix in Tank Destroyers. If you're playing YR (which is atrocious for competitive play), you should be using the Battle Fortress. Just a few of those full of Guardian GIs will decimate any amount of tanks they throw at you. A BF has no acceleration time so it always jumps right to full speed and since the Apocalypse cannot fire on the move, they're the perfect weapon. If you can't get that in 30 minutes, you just suck. Badly.