Sign in to follow this  
curby

Starting Fresh on RA2

Hi all,

Ive recently been playing RA2 again after a few years off and im loving it BUT...

Things have advanced since i last played....

Alls i need to no is...

If i delete everything and start fresh whats the best way to update in order in simple noob terms lol..

I also want to have an editor for maps and so on...which is best??

Also i remember the last time i played i had a mod were i could simply hit lets say F2 or F3 and i could reveal all the shroud and other cool stuff...Is this mod still available and were can i find it ? ? ?

Thanks all......

If i delete everything and start fresh whats the best way to update in order in simple noob terms lol..

If you mean patching the game, download the RA2 1.006 patch here (and if you have YR, 1.001 here.)

I also want to have an editor for maps and so on...which is best??

FinalAlert 2 Yuri's Revenge 1.02 (works with vanilla RA2 as well), which can be found here. In it, you can make simple maps for testing stuff, to highly INI modified maps with various triggers and new units (specific for that map only!)

If you mean patching the game, download the RA2 1.006 patch here (and if you have YR, 1.001 here.)

FinalAlert 2 Yuri's Revenge 1.02 (works with vanilla RA2 as well), which can be found here. In it, you can make simple maps for testing stuff, to highly INI modified maps with various triggers and new units (specific for that map only!)

Perfect cheers mate....

Also are you aware on how to remove the shroud on game start on a skirmish?? im sure its possible but i dont no how to do it??

A mod you're speaking of never got to my ears... I would presume that you can use INI editing to disable the shroud like in the ninth Soviet mission, but that would take one map at a time. Maybe someone else can find the mod, and if not, I'll gladly try to help with the INI version.

Ignore my thickness mate lol but what's the INI version??? Like i said its been a while since i updated this game.....

INIs are configuration files inside the game archives. Modders usually edit them, either in FinalAlert 2 for the specific map or in Notepad, that has an impact in all maps and circumstances.

Got ya, that rings a few bells.....will do some more research....

cheers for your help.....

If you've ever had any mods, you'll also want to run the RA2/YR Clean Up tool to remove any stray files that may cause problems.