Sign in to follow this  
Nmenth

Cell space

What controls the three infantry to a cell logic? Is it possible to adjust this or is it hardcoded?

What I want is to make specific infantry units that are too big to have more than one per cell.

Guest Rabbit

too big to have more than one per cell?

Do you mean you want it to where larger infantry can't be doubled or tripled up?

I don't remember where it was that I saw it, but I remember seeing a mod once where they made Arnie Frankenfurter register as a vehicle, so it was essentially a one infantry per cell type of unit, but it was still technically a vehicle. My guess is that's the closest you can get, cause I've seen nothing else like what I assume you're describing.

Can't be changed. Infantry will always be able to have three occupy a cell and vehicles always consume one, and this is wholly regardless of size.

I don't remember where it was that I saw it, but I remember seeing a mod once where they made Arnie Frankenfurter register as a vehicle, so it was essentially a one infantry per cell type of unit, but it was still technically a vehicle.

Actually my intentions were the opposite, I wanted to make "vehicles" register as infantry, minus the three per cell logic.

Can't be changed.

:(

Oh well, not a big problem, just would have made life easier.

Guest Rabbit

The only loophole I can think of is making it to where vehicles can pop out of the barracks. Is that possible? If it is, then it's an art issue, just making a vehicle look like infantry, but I suppose it would still show up in the vehicles tab during building.

Is that possible?

Unlikely.

I'll just describe my intentions, but I'm pretty sure they are not possible at this point.

I want to turn the barracks (infantry factory) into a mech factory so walkers are constructed under the infantry tab and emerge from the barracks rather than war factory.

What I do know how to do is make the "vehicles" into functional InfantryTypes that appear under the infantry tab and emerge from the barracks, but this runs into the three to a cell logic.

I do not know of any possible way to produce VehicleTypes under the infantry tab and have them emerge from the barracks, and doubt there is one.

There's not a way to do that, but there is a method for forcing a set of units to come out of a specific factory without using the other. It's called the Kennel hack so if you can find that tutorial, it'll explain exactly how to do it. HOWEVER, this hack does not work with Ares since they fixed the loophole that allowed this to work.

HOWEVER, this hack does not work with Ares since they fixed the loophole that allowed this to work.

No good then, since both my current mods require Ares.

Haven't they made an actual method to do this then?