Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Community Battlecast Primetime - Episode #10

After an extended hiatus, Community Battlecast Primetime has returned with a brand new episode. In episode #10, you will find a news round up, some great mods, fan art, and the Battlecast 3. Watch it below.

Click here to subscribe on their YouTube channel to stay informed of new episodes.

Thanks for posting this, Sonic. You're always on top of the video releases and helping to promote them, not to mention offering help in other ways. It's nice to have as much help with promotion as possible.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't have minded waiting for the new episode a bit longer, though. Seems pretty rushed. No news on Nod in TA, and the Battlecast Three which is actually a Battlecast Two?

Thanks for posting this, Sonic. You're always on top of the video releases and helping to promote them, not to mention offering help in other ways. It's nice to have as much help with promotion as possible.

No problem. That's why we are here. We aim to cover as much news as possible. I enjoy seeing community projects, such as CBCPT, being given some promotion on our site.

I wouldn't have minded waiting for the new episode a bit longer, though. Seems pretty rushed. No news on Nod in TA, and the Battlecast Three which is actually a Battlecast Two?

The episode was kind of rushed if you want to look at it that way, but not technically. We desperately wanted to get something out, and it's not like the episode was horrible, it's just a low point.

As for the news about TA, that would have been impossible, for a couple reasons: DooM's schedule and the episode production. DooM's schedule is fairly unpredictable, but usually the audio gets recorded and sent to me Monday or Tuesday (or Wednesday on a bad week); this means script revision and finalizing has to be done by Sunday. Sometimes, if DooM isn't busy we can do a last minute addition, but most of the time not.

Next up, production; this is the long part, due to a number of factors (other responsibilities, a slow computer, and sometimes buggy software or user error) it takes any where from 2-3 days to actually produce the episode. If my schedule is clear I can do 80%-90% of the work in one day, leave the rest for the next day, and get the episode up around noon Thursday. In a bad situation, like episode 10, I have a busy work week, lots of crashing, and some user error which compounds the workload of these episodes; not to mention all of these problems take a toll on motivation and in turn productivity and creativity. The BattleCast 3(2) was the result of crashing, user error, and me wanting to get the episode up on Thursday.

In short, **** happens.

The Battlecast commentating sounds more different than the last episode. Nice job, Sybert.