Sign in to follow this  
hhsmiley

Losing mouse function in in-game menu

Tried looking around to see if anyone has had this problem but I didn't find anything.

What's happening is that I'll play for a while and periodically save my game and everything will be fine. Then, at some random point I'll hit esc. or click on options in the game to save my game again but the mouse cursor/pointer will suddenly be gone and I will not be able to click on save game.

I can hit esc. and go back out into the game and the cursor will be back and I can still play fine, but from that point on, anytime I go into the menu I will not be able to save game or change any game setting because the mouse pointer is not visible and I lose the ability to click on items in the menu list.

One thing I did notice is that the mouse does move while I'm in the menu, you just can't see it move. In other words, if I am playing and hit escape and the mouse is centered on the screen, any movement I make while in the menu will move the mouse pointer to that place once I go back into the game itself. It's just that you can't see that movement or click on anything in the menu.

Are there any patches or combination of setting which would fix this?

This is version 106c r3 and I'm running Win 7.

Edited by hhsmiley

Yes... that's an issue that has been reported before. As far as I can see, it's caused by CnC-DDraw, somehow. You could try fiddling with its settings, enabling or disabling the mouse sensitivity adjusting, and see if that makes any difference.

If it doesn't, all I can say is, simply disable CnC-DDraw. It means videos and score screens no longer get stretched to fullscreen in high resolution, and you no longer have access to windowed mode and the ctrl+s hotkey to save screenshots, but besides that, nothing really changes.

You can find all game settings, including enabling/disabling CnC-DDraw, in CCConfig.exe, the configuration tool located in the game folder.

Remember to put Windows 98 compatibility if you disable CnC-DDraw, otherwise it will crash due unsupported multi-core (CnC-DDraw fixes it).

Pichorra, the config tool does that automatically. There's no need to worry about that.