Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Will you buy or upgrade to Windows 8?

Windows 8  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy or upgrade to Windows 8?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I use Windows 7, I am satisfied with it and would never go back to XP, but in a lot of things in XP were easier to work with than 7.

Indeed like this:

Try creating a new file extension and assign it to a program, for instance.

But there are things that are easier to work with like multiple sound devices, network devices (though the network adapter priority dialog is hidden away for some reason), changing the volume levels of running applications, searching for files.

Microsoft has a strange way of making things more "user friendly". After a while I just got used to it...

Still like Win2000 the best though as it has less BS in it than XP, though the support for DOS-based applications is more shaky than the support XP got since Win2000 was more business oriented and thus NT based. MS improved Win9x/DOS support in NT with XP as it was released as a consumer OS as well, beginnig the whole Home/Pro trend they have. even though they sort of had it with Win95 and NT 4.0, and ME and 2000...

Edited by Tore

I am using Windows 8 since premiere and i have to say it is very "underdeveloped" system. The main idea of Mircrosoft was to change completly the idea of Start button and have options of it on main screen all the time, but main problem is that there are just barely few applications avaiable via Windows Store which combine functionality of Start button and main screen. I.e: if i launch Steam on Modern UI it will launch desktop and run normaly - so what's the point of using this UI? None.

However, i am looking forward to Windows 8.1 :)

Windows 8.1 finally has a release date:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2046630/windows-8-1-digital-download-will-be-released-october-17-full-retail-launch-october-18.html

Too bad MS can't call it Windows 8 SP1, and I thought Windows 7 SP1 and later should be by now Windows 7.1.