Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Destiny

Renegade and Windows 7

I recently reinstall Renegade to have some fun with the campaign but it doesn't want to work. I have Renegade displaying fine, but when I go to load the campaign, the game just closes itself and won't load. I set game.exe and renegade.exe to both run as admin and set them both to XP SP2 compatibility, but it doesn't work. If it's relevant, I play it in a window but I don't think that should matter.

And yes, my install is legitimate. Don't even start with that.

Anyway, how do I get this game rolling so I can murder some Nod bad guys?

If it's relevant, I play it in a window but I don't think that should matter.

Shouldn't make a difference but switch it to full screen and try it. Did you install the v1.037 patch http://www.cncnz.com/downloads/renegade/patches/#1

Running the install as admin can help from I recall.

There are a few community fixes you can try such as the Core Patches, TT Scripts etc.... Google is your next step I think https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=Renegade+and+Windows+7&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs

I have it patched but I guess I'll be trying the Core Patches next. That would probably be what I need.

[EDIT] I would install them but every damn download link I find is dead. Anyone got the patcher and Core Patch 2 full?

I can get the TT Scripts but I can't download Core Patch 2 or its patcher EXE. The download links to Renguard and it gives me connection errors so whatever it's looking for is inaccessible.