Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

CNCNZ.com Wordpress Project - Help Required

CNCNZ.com requires some help. If you are familiar working with and creating themes for WordPress we would like to hear from you. Behind the scenes, we have been recoding the backend of CNCNZ.com using Wordpress but we need someone with the skills and knowledge to help us finish this project. If you can help us please contact me via a private message here on our forums or send an e-mail to [email protected].
VNlCZas.png
All help is truly appreciated.

What's the scope of the project? Are you just trying to get a newsblog, like your frontpage going or more of a fully fledged site replacing this one? Do you need to build a custom theme to mimic this site or would simple color imitations with the logos and banners suffice? I have some experience with wordpress (very recently I codesigned this site: http://vifill.is/ I swear the only reason it looks so bad is because the owners insisted on some heavy usage of green and that stupid banner) but by the sound of it this may very well be way out of my scope. So please tell exactly what you need and if I can help I'm up for it.

Edited by klandri

I forgot to update this. The original plan was to simply reproduce the current design using Wordpress. But now things have changed. Over the past 2 days I've speaking with someone else and we have come to an agreement that CNCNZ.com needs a total rebuild from the ground up. Nothing is finalised yet but it will be based around familiarity and modernism. Stay true to our roots, colours but mix in modern web features. Again, all powered by Wordpress.

Glad to hear you found someone good to do it. What you're describing would definitely be beyond me.

Over the past 2 days I've speaking with someone else and we have come to an agreement that CNCNZ.com needs a total rebuild from the ground up. Nothing is finalized yet but it will be based around familiarity and modernism. Stay true to our roots, colours but mix in modern web features. Again, all powered by Wordpress.

Yeah, I agree with the rebuild of the site and it needs re-modernization. I liked the groovy version of the CNCNZ site back then.

I know I never liked the designs from 2009 onwards...

Hmm... I think the current design is the best.

I know I never liked the designs from 2009 onwards...

Why is that? Is it because I kept stripping out stuff, making it less cluttered perhaps? Less is more you know ;)

Kind of. I like pages that have everything at the ready with a single click, not having me wait to roll over something and then click a few more times.

Less is more you know ;)

That's a saying I believe refers to women's clothing, not websites ;)

So your saying you want an overloaded main page with every bit of content linked to from it? Like some giant long left side navigation bar?

I wouldn't call this overloaded... but ideal. Sure, a little tidying up here and there and we'd be good to return to this.
600100_10150873062412671_2016144989_n.jp

Also, before I get hung for being a living System Restore executable, one should know that the current layout looks like the one from 2006.

Don't hold your breath then ;) Everything about the new design is about moving forward. Embracing the future. An emphasis on social networking and sharing. Responsive elements so the site works on all platforms (desktop/mobile devices). Your not going to see anything like that 2008 screenshot. As it stands right now the only thing being retained is the colour scheme and the logo.

When I look back at past design I can see everything wrong with them now. I used to think the same your thinking now. Cramming in heaps of links and images to make the page look bright and active. Now when I see these older designs I cringe. Even now (with the current site) I can see things that I want to remove.

What it comes down to is this. CNCNZ.com has been stuck doing many things in an old, obsolete way. If this site is to have a future its time to rebuild it using modern design techniques. Not rehashing the same old **** all over again. When the time is right I will go into more details about the new design. Right now there is nothing to show anyone, so one step at a time.

Don't hold your breath then ;)

Never did, frankly :D As long as it doesn't imitate smartphone/Win8 layouts and lack of informative value, I won't complain (much)

The groovy version? Which one was that?

The seventh and eighth images that you posted. I liked the groovy heading of CNCNZ and the side menu links. The recent one did not have those but I miss those anyway.