Sign in to follow this  
super champ

WHAT?! Skirmish requires internet?

I mean if a guy living in some middle east or asian countries. there are ****ty internet connection how will i be able to play??

frankly speaking a skirmish should always be non internet based.... that sucks man!!! :(

disappointed...

Why do you think you'll need anyone to play a game versus AI? -_- You'll just need to be online all the time, and then you choose between playing versus real players (who will hopefully not have as much of an elitist attitude like you) or a computer-controlled force.

The game's controlled from the server, so there's a chance that the AI you'll play against in Skirmish will actually be running on the server, and not on your own PC.

The game's controlled from the server, so there's a chance that the AI you'll play against in Skirmish will actually be running on the server, and not on your own PC.

But why can't it be like a skirmish in aoe or coh

:(

Guest Rabbit

(who will hopefully not have as much of an elitist attitude like you)

What part of his post made him elitist? He was simply making a comment how skirmish should be offline. A lot of people dislike the idea of having to be online all the time.

I mean, come on. Look at the newest Sim City. Forced online all the time, and it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the game could be played entirely offline. Low and behold, that's another game produced by EA.

What part of his post made him elitist?

I mean if a guy living in some middle east or asian countries. there are ****ty internet connection how will i be able to play??

Saw stuff like this before.

Guest Rabbit

I think you're misunderstanding. He's saying his internet connection is ****ty, as he lives in a region with poor internet, and he thinks it's unfair that he's required to play online against AI.

I don't see how that is elitist in any way.

You're getting old PW. Even if super champ's statement is read as a prejudice or in some elitist manner, which is ofcourse a possibility given the state of the grammar presented, note the "I" in there, he's refering to his connection. Whatever the case may be, his concerns are valid. I'm also opposed to the whole always-online thing as you already know, which is disturbing to say the least.

So I'm sorry to inform you, super champ, but numerous big gaming-related corporations don't want us to have internet-free games and good old LAN games any more because they enjoy destroying everything and keeping the fans on edge, along with having a pseudo secret ultimatum where they can shut down games for good with the closure of their servers and so on - ultimately locking us out from ever playing them in the future once a game has "had it's run" (the little bast***s). :(

Yeah that was exactly I was thinking, if someone has beta forum access..please tell them to take some measure because in Asian countries we have low speed internet.

He's saying his internet connection is ****ty, as he lives in a region with poor internet, and he thinks it's unfair that he's required to play online against AI.

Well, I understood it as if he was from the West and didn't want to play with Easterners, which I saw from his sentence construction. According to that (and not the actual fact that he is an Easterner I found out after his reply), he was referring to a situation like this: if a Middle-Eastern or Asian guy who has a ****ty connection, he cannot play due to bad connectivity and lag or whatever (let's not even imagine other reasons).

But, since this is obviously not the case after super champ clarified it, I would hereby like to apologize.

But why can't it be like a skirmish in aoe or coh

:(

That's just how the game's designed, sorry. I've seen the alphas and how any desynchronization on the client side was simply corrected by the server (rather than going out of sync and giving errors), so it's not too far-fetched to assume AIs will simply be pieces of programming serving as replacement clients just like other players.