Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Destiny

Google Chrome Silently Pushing Malware Through Addons

Hmm, that is rather sneaky isn't it? You'd think google would step up to clamp down on this sorta thing, its bad for their image.

As it is mentioned in article, it isn't their fault. Open source browser let third party companies to add some lines of codes to their application to do such "sneaky" things. Nevertheless because of the open source code of Google Chrome we know about this and that's why Chrome is still superior than proprietary browsers such as Internet Explorer etc.

I suppose that same things we could find in other open source browsers like Firefox or Chromium.

I still use Chrome to surf the Internet faster and Firefox for browser gaming.

As it is mentioned in article, it isn't their fault.

They control the chrome web store, where most people get these addons, so yeah I'd put them at fault for leaving that nasty **** on there. Outside of their store it isn't their probem, sure.

That isn't actually google's fault. They are abusing from a feature that chrome have for not bothering it's users.

Anyway, I don't know what happened with the recent versions of chrome. It have nice some nices memory leaks that makes it unusable on my 1GB computer.

Edited by pichorra