Sign in to follow this  
Venom

How to add new cameos

If they are replacing pre-existing cameos, then all you have to do is drop them into the game folder.

It does not work, I have copied all files from that pack to root folder of the game but nothing seems to change in-game...I have The First Decade version of the game...

Hmm... could you list the names of the cameo files you have?

Yes, they need to be shp files. When converted, they will look significantly worse than the bmp preview would imply.

If you want to mess with these, you'll need the OS SHP Builder and XCC Utilities which you can get in this topic.

Converting images with SHP Builder is fairly simple, you just copy/paste an image while using the TS cameo palette and save it.

If you are not replacing existing cameos, you'll need to extract and edit the art.ini to tell the units to use the new cameos. Replacing them is much easier, but your new cameos might not be correctly named, so you can look up what the current cameos are named and rename the replacements to match.

OK, so I have progressed so far with cameos but when I put the shp file in conquer.mix using XCC Mix Editor and also edit the cameo icon name in art.ini, the in game cameo looks corrupted in colors, see this picture and Titan cameo...

saxp2h.jpg

So, what I am doing wrong? :doh:

It has the wrong palette.

It was made using the RA2 cameo palette instead of the TS one. You'll have to manually convert it.

Ah, OK, got it working now, but another problem emerged...when I try to change cameos for shared units such as light infantry or enginneers and change the value in art.ini, for example, I add nod light infantry new cameo, but in game, it shows that new cameo also when I am playing as GDI. In art ini, it is only one entry for light infatry called

[E1]
Cameo=E1ICON

so how to make a different cameos for each side in art.ini file?

Edited by Venom

The catch with faction-specific cameos is that they are found in different MIX files. This is not dictated through INIs.

Within tibsun.mix, there are sidec01.mix and sidec02.mix, which hold Tiberian Sun faction-specific cameos (Light Infantry, MCV etc.), whereas in expand01.mix, you'll see e01sc01.mix and e01sc02.mix, holding faction-specific cameos for the two such Firestorm units (Limpet Drone and Mobile War Factory/Fist of Nod).