Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Community BattleCast PrimeTime Update Edition

We have have not seen a new episode of Community BattleCast PrimeTime for quite some time now. The CBCPT team are aware of this and they have some reasons for the shows absence. Watch this quick update video from Sybert about the status of Community BattleCast PrimeTime and another important announcement.

Click here to subscribe to Community BattleCast PrimeTime's channel to stay informed of new episodes. Past episodes can also be found

. You can also visit the Community BattleCast PrimeTime site.
  • Upvote 1

Sybert, next time use data blu-ray discs to back up your main stuff especially digital online backup. Sorry to hear what happened lately.

Edit: This isn't the same look of Sybert that some people knew of since.... episode 11.

Sybert, next time use data blu-ray discs to back up your main stuff especially digital online backup. Sorry to hear what happened lately.

He did mention he had another computer on which some obsolete data was stored. He does have a means to do it, but it seems he simply forgot to. **** happens.

Edit: This isn't the same look of Sybert that some people knew of since.... episode 11.

You don't say. Episode 11 aired two years ago.

If you want to see him "change" gradually, see

and
. Edited by Plokite_Wolf

The problem wasn't that I didn't have a back-up, I did. The problem was that when I initially backed-up my data I didn't back-up any of the current projects I was working on, because I was going to back those up at the last second so I didn't have multiple different versions of folders (there were several days inbetween). Then when I did my final back-up just before taking my computer in I forgot I didn't back up my CBCPT folder and some recently recorded footage. That was the stuff that was lost in the wipe, reformat, and reinstall. When I went to start working on CBCPT again (which was quite a while ago) it hit me like a ton of bricks that I had none of the work from the past year and a half or so. All of the re-design project files, templates, and assets I had created were gone. The only thing I have was an older version of the redesign project file (mostly containing designs and concepts that never made it to the show) that was on my old computer. I last used that project file around November 2012. Unfortunately at this point in my life I don't have nearly as much free time to spend on CBCPT as I once did (remember when we actually had 2 episodes a month?) so rebuilding everything will take so much longer the second time.

Since you lost some of the crucial parts Sybert, it appears CBCPT may have to be postponed much longer. It would have been better if you had an USB external or portable hard drive for immediate backup after recent saves of the files. I guess you haven't lost the original BCPT theme song though.