Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

LeBron James - #6 or #23?

So with LeBron James returning home to Cleveland and my allegiance moved back to the Cavs with him :) He now has to decide what number will be on his jersey. #6 or #23?

rN0P68B.jpg

I'm hoping he sticks with #6, #23 was Michael Jordan's number, he made that famous, its like a signature. Retailers are anxiously waiting for LeBron to pick a number so they can begin producing new Cavs jerseys. That means all the people who burnt or destroyed their old jerseys when he left for Miami in 2010 can replace them.

I realise this isn't the biggest news in the world. I really wanted something to test the new Tweet embedding ;)

I'm hoping he sticks with #6, #23 was Michael Jordan's number, he made that famous, its like a signature.

True that. IMHO, they should retire it league-wide like the NHL did with Wayne Gretzky's #99, but some other players had their #23 retired, so that's a problem...

I say King James should stick to what jersey number he likes best.

I think he should pick zero because...

Today it's officlal, LeBron chose back No. 23 for his jersey.

Yeah back to #23 it is....

This means my old Cavs jersey isn't so out of date any more. But I will be looking buy an updated one when the become available here in New Zealand.

Even Michael Jordan has no problem with LeBron James returning to #23, like he should really give a **** anyway http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11275701/michael-jordan-ok-lebron-james-wearing-no-23-cleveland-cavaliers