We see you're using an ad blocker of some kind. And hey, that's okay! Some of us do, too! We just want you to know
that we don't use conventional spammy ads at CNCNZ.com. We only link to our own internal projects, or other sites
within the Command & Conquer community! Who knows, you might see a mod or download you like! Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Command & Conquer Turns 19 Years Old

On the 31st of August 1995, Westwood Studios released Command & Conquer, the RTS classic that started it all, it revolutionized the gaming industry and captured the imagination of millions of fans around the world. Arguably, Command & Conquer is the sole reason why the RTS genre is one of the most popular categories of PC gaming. And so today the original game turns 19 years old.

cnc1.png

I and many other C&C fans surely remember the classic and gruesome scene of Kane introducing himself to you, as the player. You know where he blows away Seth in a brutal and bad-ass manner. Relive that moment below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOWw2Iu2a4M

How did you discover Command & Conquer? what is your most memorable Command & Conquer memory from the original game? Share them with us in this thread on our forums.

Happy birthday, C&C!

sethdie2.gif

Must be my most favourite/memorable moment too.

As for how I found C&C... knowing the Dune books, my older brother brought back a pirated copy of Dune II from some friends in school. Everyone in the house got insanely addicted to the game.

So when C&C rolled around, he bought it. In fact, most of the C&C games that ended up in our home are actually his games, heh. I'm just lucky he doesn't really care much about old games, and thus I managed to "inherit" them all :P