Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

BfME on Commodore 64/128

Recommended Posts

Did anyone (who's old enough) own the original BfME (Known better as "War in Middle Earth") on the commodore back in 1988-89, I think it was???? It was a great strategy classic back then, although it was really a sleeper game which didn't get very much coverage, it was engrossing. This was the time when my dad first put "The Hobbit" in my hands and said "Read This first then continue the story in The Lord Of The Rings"

 

ok I was only 5 or 6, but fact is that my father showed me how to play this game, and it was hugely enjoyable...

 

Yes what you are indeed seeing that has been made today is a re-make of the original classic! In the commodore 64 version you could look round the whole map of middle earth, select battles you wanted to forge and generally whoop ass.... OK it was very basic, and only told the whole story in long drawn out scripts of writing, and came on 2 packed cassette tapes... but it rocked!!!

 

It's 1am here as I'm typing this, but I have a C64 Emulator CD with 3000+ C64 classics on it, I'm gonna have a look through it when I get back from church and see if I can find it, cos I've gotta play this game again! :D

Share this post


Link to post

I had the good old Commodore, but I didn't have LOTR on it. Just some old games, of which the I can barely remember the names lol.

Big old blue screen etcetc

Share this post


Link to post

I don't have the war in middle earth ROM on my emulator CD :cry:

 

I'm gonna have to search the emulation & Retro gaming communities to find it... it's gotta be on the net somewhere... If I do find it, I'll post a few screenshots of it running

Share this post


Link to post

There was a friend of mine who actually got the good old blue screen of the Commodore on a pc, so it does exist

Share this post


Link to post

Abadonware?

Oh yeh that stuff lol

Gotta get the emulator first though lol

 

Q to Phreakly: When I go to the Tower Gaurd Site, most of the pages don't seem to work yet...

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×