Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Unreal Tournament 4

So it's true that devs did want UT4 to be free as F2P, but the question remains, will it be the greatest F2P game ever if almost every content gets implemented and remade from all past UT and Unreal games? And, maybe, hopefully, it will be DRM free and does not require Steam access.

An alpha version was released somewhere in August and download links are available if you are a member in the UT forums and you get the download from this thread: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/showthread.php?12011-Unreal-Tournament-Pre-Alpha-Playable-Build

The alpha versions will continue to be updated and the overall size of the game will continue to be larger.

System requirements are still pending and aren't released yet, but I'll bet WinXP is not compatible on this game.

Edited by zocom7
  • Upvote 1

I doubt they will support XP as even MS abandoned it.

I've setup a little (32p DM) server for our website already. Info and stuff can be found here: http://www.unreal4ever.com

I have always been a fan of the UT series, played the UT99 Demo 3.48 for years before finally buying the game lol.

Didnt play much UT2004 though, but UT3 i did. Nice games.

I think Epic is doing a good job with UT4, allowing so much Community Input for a game isn't something many companies do.

It does create a tight community though i think who will play the game for a long time. Today a game falls or rises with a good MP experience and community input, imho.

I have always been a fan of the UT series, played the UT99 Demo 3.48 for years before finally buying the game lol.

But what a demo it was... On its own, it was fun as hell.
  • Upvote 1

I hope they will remake the Coret Facility map for CTF. I will play that 24/7 lol <3 that map :D

Coret Facility... <3

IIRC, it was the only CTF map in the demo?

Yep, there was only one in the demo, coret :)

I guess thats one of the reasons i like it so much, i played it for years lol...

Wait a minute, there were two CTF maps I saw in the demo, including one of my favorite CTF maps, Face.

Hm, i don't think so, i'm pretty sure the Demo v.336 to v.348 only had the Coret Facility O.o

Unless later demo patches added it that i am not aware of :o

Alright, i just joined the server, waiting for ppl to join :) Come join ppl :)

Hm, i don't think so, i'm pretty sure the Demo v.336 to v.348 only had the Coret Facility O.o

Unless later demo patches added it that i am not aware of :o

Actually I was talking about the UT4 demo, not the original UT demo.

I just found out that UT4 has been using the new Unreal Engine 4.5 for weeks now. As for newly built releases, this can occur every 1-3 weeks, but I wish for patch upgrades instead of downloading all over again.

The latest builds now can now use AI bots in-game but requires to add "ForceAddBot" command in the console to make them appear.

Edit: The 10/16/2014 version has been released for UT4 and is now officially over 1 GB on the download.

Edited by zocom7

Both of those questions are now a no no. UT4 is not like UT3 where logging in is required to load the game.

Well, you need to have a forum account on their official forums, that is used to login with in the game.

No steam is required at this point. I don't know if they will put it on Steam or not.

Our server is doing nice now btw, the EU server ( connect ip: eu.unreal4ever.com ) has 10+/16 ppl at a time for the whole evening now :)

Looks like the latest version of UT4 finally has a UT4 Launcher, a launcher where you can update patches without re-downloading the whole new build of the game (for all future versions of course). But it only works on a 64-bit OS, including Mac OS X. (yes, UT4 is the latest major game to support Mac OS X)

Edited by zocom7