Sign in to follow this  
Madin

Questions regarding weapon damage code

Final weapon related enquiries:

'RequireFollowThru' attribute: I do not understand this at all.

'InstantLoadClipOnActivate' attribute: What does this do?

'LockWhenUsing' attribute: Does this mean that if there are multiple weapons, then when this weapon is in use it will not switch to other weapons? or that it will lock on a single target and not switch to other targets?

'ContactWeapon' attribute: This appears twice (C4 weapon), but on both occasions it is using the default settings (which means that they did not need to be present), so I am unsure what this means.

Thanks!

RequireFollowThru: not tested but I think this was if preattack is still underway and your target dies the weapon will still be fired instead of just canceling it.

InstantLoadClipOnActivate: Iirc this was a fix for stuff like in Generals the Overlord had the problem that it often killed the target and had still one shot in its clip, so it didn't reload, for the next target it takes a while to aquire it, shoots once, and then has a huge reload, severely decreasing the damage output.

LockWhenUsing: idk

ContactWeapon: afaik this requires the object to run up to a contact point of the target (defined in the geometry element of the target object).

• Upvote 1