hxazgalor

CNCDen Closure - Where have all them maps gone? :(

So CNC Den is no longer in existence, and with it go a rather large number of pretty good maps.

On that note, does anyone here happen to have most of those maps around? It'd be really cool if we C&C gamers can still play them again.

Also, I found most of these maps featured on CNC Den uploaded on this site called GameMaps, but I can't seem to download any of them. I guess it might require membership to the site before it allows users to download the maps it hosts. That sucks, really.

So yeah, anybody still have those maps by Lion, Othalla, Sydwyndr et al? Many thanks in return :)

Yeah, but the RADEN mirror is inaccessible thanks to the ones who succeeded the domain and use robots.txt for whatever reason (even though their site is just one of those dumb placeholders), and for some reason I can't quite understand, that affects saved archives on Archive.org. :P

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Yeah, but the RADEN mirror is inaccessible thanks to the ones who succeeded the domain and use robots.txt for whatever reason (even though their site is just one of those dumb placeholders), and for some reason I can't quite understand, that affects saved archives on Archive.org. :P

Ah shucks, I was hoping to get the maps from RADEN :( does anybody still have any way to contact Lion and co.? I'd love to get my hands on those maps :(

Why do people just close up sites? Why don't they try and contact other C&C sites about giving them a backup of the file archives/downloads?

Why do people just close up sites? Why don't they try and contact other C&C sites about giving them a backup of the file archives/downloads?

http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/18532-has-lion-bitten-the-bullet/?p=218190

hey peeps....I decided not to renew the CNCDEN domain. Thought I better post a reply. Didn't want anyone to think I was getting senile and forgetful in my old age...LOL. Anyhoot, I keep updated on the community through the CNCNZ site. I don't know how you stay motivated Sonic, but my hats off to ya and your staff. It's great to see that the modding community is still going strong and that you support them via your website. CNCNZ is officially the last C&C website standing.

Alright, so he contacted a site. What about the many maps and files, were they backed up on another site or something?

CaptnMel's archive here is still up, so that's a small blessing. As for the rest, most of them seem to be on GameMaps as I mentioned in the first post (the link is there too). Probably need a user account with them to download, but I have too many accounts in so many places I'm kinda lazy to create yet another one just for that, plus some skepticism to the site's legitimacy.

But who knows, I might change my mind... :P

Edited by hxazgalor

We should really have some sort of file saving project/system as a whole community. We get crippled every time an old site goes down.