Sign in to follow this  
Ravendark

A limit to scriptedModeldraws per unit and performance?

Is there a limit to how many scripted modeldraws a single unit can have and how does each draw effect performance keeping in mind that only one scripteddraw needs to be active/visible at a time while the meshes in the other drws are basicly hidden?

The idea is to have a spy/chamelon like unit that basicly copies other vehicles, depending on wich vehicle it copies that particular draw will be active with that vehicles model and animations visible, the other possible vehicles it can copy are hidden in the other draws.

I might have a (rather solid) idea on how to achieve this, just wondering if 1 of these chamelon vehicles would crash the game :P

Shouldn't have much performance impact actually if you set the model of the default state to nothing. It would probably still have to parse it but as you don't render anything the graphics card shouldn't be flooded with state changes.

Lets hope so, been hung up over what to do with a apc version for my nod faction....just stealthing it seemed like so yesterday. Say hello to chameleon apc's! :D

Lets hope so, been hung up over what to do with a apc version for my nod faction....just stealthing it seemed like so yesterday. Say hello to chameleon apc's! :D

That's kinda yesterday too as that's what the Japanese APC does in RA3 :P

That's kinda yesterday too as that's what the Japanese APC does in RA3 :P

well they made a whole new module/specialpower for that i think(dont have ra3+sdk installed atm) and i can do it without skimpy dressed actresses distracting us!....im already slacking in creating my mod, doubt i got even more work done with Kelly hu or autumn reeser sitting on my lap! B)

And yes i also forgot about the apc....my biggest interest in RA3 was the sdk for awhile...never played alot of it to remember it....weirdly enough i liked uprising more, considering my disposition towards cheap dlc/glorified patches/expansions in general

Edited by Ravendark

It's actually already in the schemas in TW

RA3 uses:

<SpecialPower
				id="ModuleTag_Disguise"
				SpecialPowerTemplate="SpecialPower_JapanLightTransportVehicleDisguise"
				UpdateModuleStartsAttack="true" />
			<SpecialDisguiseUpdate
				id="ModuleTag_DisguiseUpdate"
				TriggerInstantlyOnCreate="false"
				SpecialPowerTemplate="SpecialPower_JapanLightTransportVehicleDisguise"
				OpacityTarget="0.0"
				DisguiseFX="FX_JAP_SuddenDisguise"
				UnpackTime="1s"
				UnpackSound="JAP_SuddenTransport_DisguiseOnMS"
                FaceTarget="false"/>
combined with a draw:
			<ScriptedModelDraw
				id="ModuleTag_DisguiseDraw"
				InvertStealthOpacity="true">
				<ModelConditionState
					ParseCondStateType="PARSE_DEFAULT">
					<Model Name="" />
				</ModelConditionState>
			</ScriptedModelDraw>
Might have had a rework for RA3 though, you would have to check that. Edited by Lauren

Interesting, altho from a exploration factor kinda disapointing if it still works in TW...was looking forward to mcgyvering this ingame ^^

from the TW xsd

<xs:complexType name="SpecialDisguiseUpdateModuleData">
        <xs:complexContent>
            <xs:extension base="SpecialAbilityUpdateModuleData">
                <xs:sequence></xs:sequence>
                <xs:attribute name="TriggerInstantlyOnCreate" type="SageBool" default="false"/>
                <xs:attribute name="OpacityTarget" type="SageReal" default="0"/>
                <xs:attribute name="DisguiseAsTemplateId" type="GameObjectWeakRef" />
                <xs:attribute name="EnemyPerspectiveDisguisedTemplateId" type="GameObjectWeakRef" />
                <xs:attribute name="DisguiseFX" type="FXListRef" />
                <xs:attribute name="ForceMountedWhenDisguising" type="SageBool" default="false"/>
            </xs:extension>
        </xs:complexContent>
    </xs:complexType>

i cant remember how the red alert japanese apc worked....did it come defaulted as disguised, did it have a clickable button and did it require a enenmy vehicle to target + would it assume that vehicles form or a random enemy form?

Going from the template it seems you could do a mirrage tank effect with EnemyPerspectiveDisguisedTemplateId + DisguiseAsTemplateId

Iirc now the Fallout mod already uses this for one of their tanks that disguises itself as an ore chunk

Edited by Ravendark

Its weapon activates the special power to disguise itself (as RA3 only has 1 sp button and that's the evac button).

Yes you can do such a mirage effect, that is basically where it was first used (in BFME's Eowyn to disguise herself as a Rohirim).