Sign in to follow this  
Egozi44

How to attach weapon to FX?

The title name may misleading So I will explain it here

I have two questions

1. I edited the Tib Troopers to have a bit more range in my mod, the issues is that thanks to that their weapons can sometimes kill target before the liquid tibrium ray reach them, how can I "attach" them together? (They already attached in the weapon template I assume ? xD )

I think that Adding weapon delay won't cut it right since it will make the damage to be delayed on close targets and it will look funny

2. I added new deathtype + AttributeModifier so that people will turn to viscriod upon death, it seem to turn them to viscriods when they die above bridges that have tib crystal beneath them

How can I make the attritube to have height's radius and radius in general?

Here the code

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<AssetDeclaration xmlns="uri:ea.com:eala:asset">
	<AttributeModifier
		id="AttributeModifier_Vis"
		Category="NONE"
		Duration="1.1s"
		MetaDuration="0"
		StartFX=""
		EndFX=""
		ModelConditionsSet=""
		ModelConditionsClear=""
		ObjectStatusToSet="PARACHUTING2"
		StackingLimit="1"
		ReplaceInCategoryIfLongest="False"
		IgnoreIfAnticategoryActive="False" />
</AssetDeclaration>

Also can some take a look on my Commando's reload animation thread? I just need to know where to add the Reload_A animation state and what conditions to add :/

Thanks

1. Weapon speed in the weapon template.

Thanks, so I need to reduce the weapon template speed or somehow increase the fx's speed correct?

I assume there's no way to "connect" both right? (so that rather than adjusting speed they will work as one thing?)

I tried changing the weapon speed, didn't worked. .. I changed it from 99999 to 1 and it still show the same result strange

How can I slow down the weapon or delay it at least a bit?

Thats kinda hard since the weapon has no projectule and thus hits the targets instantly.

I suggest either adding DelayTimeSeconds to the damagenugget or maybe a preattackdelay.

I see, it already have 1 second as preattackdealy

But I think delaytimesecond will be better after all

Question is where I put it in the weapon again? I don't remember many units which have it in their weapons to see as exsmple

Ok, thanks Stygs, I was able to fix it

Now anyone know what to do in question 2 and the Cyborg commando thing? I can send the xml if it will help or post example with how I added the reload_a animation so you can see what going wrong

Ok I sort of solved the commando issue but through other means without reload animation

Too bad no one can tell me how to order it since it could look awsome and better that way but oh well :/

Now just .2 left

I ran into another issue

When Tib troopers shoot Garrison enemies the FX_LiquidTiberiumClearGarrison fx will now run a few times before the actual weapon will hit

Is there any way to delay fx as well?

So no one knows how to fix these issues? or you just got tired from me? ; )

It worked on the weapon's damage itself but the Weapon FX the troopers does when they clear garrison still play at the same timing (even when the weapon take time to actually deal damage now)

There's any code to delay fxs? I assume I need to open the FX itself and delay it somehow but I don't sure how