Sometimes in my mod the AI would rather build another attack force rather than sending the one it previously created. The 1st attack force just sits outside my base without attacking. Skirmishes are often just the AI building attack forces repeatedly causing a glob of idle units lagging the game. How can I fix this? Is this a result of having large attack teams with low number TeamDelays?

Do you have AI scripts for the taskforces?

As in the 54,0 53,0 0,2 stuff? then yes

Edited by Muhammad Ali

I think I've had this issue before and knew how to fix it in the past, but it has been too long since I've done any AI modding to remember. Perhaps Doctor Destiny, who is much more familiar with AI, can help you better.

Is it every AI? There's several causes for this behavior.

Increase TeamDelays and AIHateDelays.

Change all team types to be recruitable at all times.

It's not every AI. It's mostly just brutal and it only happens sometimes. Mostly with Allied attack forces. How much should I increase AIhatedelays [10,20,30] and Teamdelays? [20,25,35]

Increase them all by about 5x or 6x. The reason this happens is that the AI is trying to create teams too quickly so it never gets around to using the team it makes. 20 frames is roughly a third of a second so... that's too fast. Even just 5x may not be enough but start there.

Okay so instead of constantly making new teams, it gets stuck at 53,0 now and doesn't go in. Is there something I can change to make it rush in once gathered? Also, for the recruitable teams thing I set every one that said no to yes using notepad++. That's fine, right?

Edited by Muhammad Ali