Sign in to follow this  
Ravendark

basevehicle.xml not inheriting

Found out something unexpected. So i was trying to change the basevehicle.xml and add a scriptedmodeldraw that shows a shadowdecal on User_35 and shows a different one on User_36. Basicly my weapon lock thing i brainfarted about a long time ago, for those that remember. The weird thing is it works for units that i have redefined through an xml in my mod. Existing pristine units don't inherit the basevehicle.xml (or any of the other baseobject.xml). I was hoping i could enable my user_x thingy in the basevehicle and i could test my targeting code against default/vannilla units for starters. Now it seems i need to define them in a xml anyway and compile them with my mod for them to inherit the basevehicle.xml. Was hoping to spare some work on copy pasting this way, but oh well.

Am i screwing something up, or any insights ?

It's completely working as intended, sadly. The compiler just checks the current file for changes from the last compile and not any inherited files. You could disable use precompiled, but that would cause everything to recompile, and that's a lot and could take an hour or more (also as the SDK doesn't have all source files it would break a lot if you don't do a full total conversion).

Slightly inconveniencing, but not much of a hassle to work arround.