Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

So much for Amazon making PC games

Yes, Amazon is mostly an online retailer, the world's largest.

Yes, Amazon is also a media company, having most music, TV shows and movies in their site.

Yes, Amazon did own Twitch after buying the rights to the site.

And now, Amazon is developing PC games. Unfortunately I would have expected better coming out of Amazon, because their first games are decent: http://www.pcgamer.com/amazon-has-announced-a-sports-brawler-an-mmo-and-a-third-person-shooter

Now I am thinking in the future I haven't thought about for some time...

Why not have Amazon buy EA and Petroglyph and rescue C&C, Dune and other game franchises from the dead. But then I thought, Amazon (and its affiliates) developed games may be exclusively bought only in Amazon Prime. :mellow: :mellow:

Pretty soon, Amazon's game cloud vs Steam vs Origin vs Uplay vs Epic Games vs Battle.net vs GOG Galaxy vs Desura..... :mellow: :mellow:

Edited by zocom7

I looked at Amazon for music once, and I think you have to be in the US to buy music from them. You can count on Amazon to lock everything down.

I looked at Amazon for music once, and I think you have to be in the US to buy music from them. You can count on Amazon to lock everything down.

You can just use an American address to buy digital stuff. There is a barrier, but it's easy to circumvent.