Mjjstral

How to include some specific xml's with wrathed?

I'm trying to add these files/codes to a mod with Wrathed 1.08:

1. InGameUISettingsCommon.xml (cause I need to change the text size, color and offset of military captions)

2. SkirmishAI xml code for a new faction: ArmyDefinition, OpeningMoves, Personalities, States ...

I tried to reference the InGameUISettingsCommon.xml in Static.xml, MapMetaData_GlobalOverrides.xml, MapMetaData_Global.xml, none of these methods worked. The SkirmishAI xml's also doesn't work, referencing them in the Static.xml. Do I need to change the BuildMod.bat maybe?

So if it isn't possible due to wrathed limitations, will we ever be able to use these files ? Is there hope for a new wrathed version ? If not what about the availability of the wrathed source code to add these capabilities on our own ?

I highly appreciate any help!

Edited by Mjjstral

Wrathed won't compile any AI data as long as you don't have the definition files for the AIs xml. I'm sure you noticed that WEd also doesn't show up any of the AI xml files through opening the skudef file.

First, thanks for your response Prodigy ;)

Wrathed won't compile any AI data as long as you don't have the definition files for the AIs xml. I'm sure you noticed that WEd also doesn't show up any of the AI xml files through opening the skudef file.

That's interesting. So does that mean we can simply add a new definition file to the "WrattED\Tools\Definitions\Kane's Wrath" folder and wrathed will include it during compilation (or is it necessary to include a reference to the new def. file somewhere?) ? I mean I could just copy/paste syntax from other definition files and add the proper entries for the InGameUISettingsCommon.xml and AI files... Is it that simple?

Edited by Mjjstral

Yes it's that simple. And no you don't have to set any references, the program just loads the entire folder.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Lauren! That was the decisive hint.

Now I have created the whole asset definition for the InGameUISettings. Wrathed uses the file also and includes the AssetDeclaration to the mod but the game crashes during startup.

Now I really need help to correct the errors. The order seems to be important, since data gets serialized? Also at some points I wasn't 100% sure what entry type to take.

Here is the definition (http://pastebin.com/ikx8HENw)

Indeed order is important.

It's usually (iirc) first attributes, then elements, then attributes with length !=4

Edited by Lauren

Yes it's that simple. And no you don't have to set any references, the program just loads the entire folder.

So Lauren what should I do if I wanna add new AI since I've written the AI files and packed in SkirmishAI folder? Where I should put the folder in?

And sometimes my mod crashed after running for a while since several sides tangled battle, how to check out the mod's bug?

Edited by ztz2019

So Lauren what should I do if I wanna add new AI since I've written the AI files and packed in SkirmishAI folder? Where I should put the folder in?

So you've created the AI definition files? Then put them to "WrattED\Tools\Definitions\Kane's Wrath" or any subfolder inside this path. (BTW can you share the def. files with us, I'm too busy finishing other edges of my mod)

And sometimes my mod crashed after running for a while since several sides tangled battle, how to check out the mod's bug?

Use a life debugger: http://x64dbg.com/

Two more question from my side:

1. If we compile some xmls with the C&C3TW modsdk, and include the compiled .asset files into a KW mod with the asset merger from wrathed, how to ensure that it works correctly (I get hash errors when starting game with the mod then).

2. Also wouldn't it be possible to convert the C&C3TW modsdk xsd schemas to wrathed xml definition files? Missing entries could be added afterwards...

Well, I didn't create the def file, I'm just creating the SkirmishAI folder, it seems no use if don't definate them.

So you've created the AI definition files? Then put them to "WrattED\Tools\Definitions\Kane's Wrath" or any subfolder inside this path. (BTW can you share the def. files with us, I'm too busy finishing other edges of my mod)

Use a life debugger: http://x64dbg.com/

Two more question from my side:

1. If we compile some xmls with the C&C3TW modsdk, and include the compiled .asset files into a KW mod with the asset merger from wrathed, how to ensure that it works correctly (I get hash errors when starting game with the mod then).

2. Also wouldn't it be possible to convert the C&C3TW modsdk xsd schemas to wrathed xml definition files? Missing entries could be added afterwards...

Then, I don't find definition folder

0067u1Szjw1fbe9qjlwc8j30cp0jtdl1.jpg

or is it you mean the Games folder?

0067u1Szjw1fbe9shmia5j30h7087768.jpg

This is my AI xml just imitate from TW SDK but it's used for my new mutant faction, I doubt it's useful for you.

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hs9fN04

Edited by ztz2019

Well, it need assembly language, so hard to me, maybe later I should buy a book